Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Smart Photocatalytic Materials: Environment, Energy, Emerging Applications and Sustainability provides an intriguing and useful guide to catalysis and materials. The handbook covers applications of smart photocatalytic materials for energy environmental protection and emerging fields. Also covered is the safety risk of Smart Photocatalytic Materials, commercialization, their fate and transportation in the environment, and sustainability. This volume provides a valuable roadmap, outlining common principles behind their use. Every chapter of this volume presents state-of-the-art knowledge on sustainable practices of smart photocatalytic materials (SPMs), including concepts of theory and practice.
This handbook is a valued reference for both the academic and industrial researchers looking for recent developments in the field.
- Covers all aspects of recent developments in Environmental, Energy and Emerging applications of Smart Photocatalytic Materials
- Focuses on advanced applications and future research advancements of Smart Photocatalytic Materials
- Emphasizes the sustainability aspect of Smart Photocatalytic Materials
- Presents a valuable reference for researchers and students that stimulates interest in designing smart materials
University students, teachers, and researchers working in areas of photocatalysis through heterogeneous catalysts. Chemical engineers, Environmental Engineers and scientists and scholars working on the management of hazardous waste. Scientists working in materials science and Civil Engineers working on wastewater treatment
Section I: Photocatalytic materials for Energy
1. Ferroelectric semiconductors for photocatalytic energy and environmental applications
Section II: Photocatalytic materials for environmental protection
2. Metal-oxide semiconductor photocatalysts for the degradation of organic contaminants
3. Different strategies of surface modification to improve the photocatalysis properties: pollutant adsorption, visible activation, and catalyst recovery
4. Sustainable photocatalytic porcelain grés slabs active under LED light for indoor depollution and bacteria reduction
5. Zinc oxide-based nanomaterials for environmental applications
6. The application of photocatalytic materials for efficient air purification
7. Photocatalyst: mechanism, challenges, and strategy for organic contaminant degradation
8. Degradation of environmental contaminants by topical heterogeneous photocatalysts
9. Solar photocatalysis for environmental remediation
10. Progress in the preparation of TiO2 films at boron-doped diamond toward environmenta applications
Section III: Emerging Applications of Photocatalytic materials
11. Emerging trends in photocatalytic transformation of biomass-derived glycerol into hydrogen fuel and value-added chemicals
12.Two-dimensional MXene-based heterostructures for photocatalysis
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 11th February 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain is an Adjunct Professor and Lab Director in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Sciences at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey, United States. His research is focused on Environmental Management, Nanotechnology & Advanced Materials, and Analytical Chemistry and Various Industries. Dr. Hussain is the author of numerous papers in peerreviewed journals as well as prolific author and editor of several scientific monographs and handbooks in his research areas published with Elsevier.
Department of Chemistry and EVSC, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ, USA
Prof. Ajay Kumar Mishra is a Research Professor in the Nanotechnology and Water Sustainability Research Unit at the University of South Africa. He obtained a B.Sc. in chemistry and a Ph.D. in bio-inorganic chemistry. His primary research interests are in nanoscience and nanotechnology, materials science, polymers, composites / nanocomposites, and water research. He is the editor of several books and published over 160 articles in international scientific journals. Prof Mishra currently awarded as Fellow and chartered scientist at a royal society of chemistry, UK
Research Professor, Nanotechnology and Water Sustainability (NanoWS) Research Unit, College of Science, Engineering and Technology, University of South Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.