This handy "how-to" guide provides a practical framework for diagnosis and treatment of common, small animal gastrointestinal disorders, filling the gap left by larger, encyclopedic references. It features a complete review of symptoms and diagnostic methods, descriptions of digestive tract disorders by organ system, and a series of sample GI cases. Logically organized into three easy-reference sections and expertly written by recognized specialists, this complete, expanded edition is a valuable clinical tool for primary care practitioners.
- The familiar handbook format, based primarily on organs of the gastrointestinal tract, offers quick access to key information.
- Coverage of symptoms, nutrition, and chronic and acute disorders presents a thorough discussion of gastroenterology.
- Gastrointestinal Symptoms
2. Radiography and Ultrasonography for the Gastrointestinal Tract
3. Endoscopy and Laparoscopy in Veterinary Gastroenterology
4. Disorders of the Esophagus
5. Diseaes of the Stomach
6. Acute Disorders of the Small Intestine
7. Chronic Disorders of the Small Intestine
8. Disorders of the Large Intestine
9. Diseases of the Liver and Hepatobilliary System
10. Diseases of the Pancreas
11. Oncologic Diseases of the Gastrointestinal Ssystem
12. Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2003
- 1st July 2003
- Hardcover ISBN:
Chief Medical Officer, VCA Antech, Inc., Los Angeles, CA; Staff Internist, VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital, West Los Angeles, CA