Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Robotic and Image-Guided Surgery provides state-of-the-art systems and methods for robotic and computer-assisted surgeries. In this masterpiece, contributions of 169 researchers from 19 countries have been gathered to provide 38 chapters. This handbook is 744 pages, includes 659 figures and 61 videos.
It also provides basic medical knowledge for engineers and basic engineering principles for surgeons. A key strength of this text is the fusion of engineering, radiology, and surgical principles into one book.
- A thorough and in-depth handbook on surgical robotics and image-guided surgery which includes both fundamentals and advances in the field
- A comprehensive reference on robot-assisted laparoscopic, orthopedic, and head-and-neck surgeries
- Chapters are contributed by worldwide experts from both engineering and surgical backgrounds
Biomedical Engineers; Mechanical Engineers; Electrical and Computer Engineers; Medical and Engineering Students; Surgeons
Russell H. Taylor
1. Senhance Surgical System: Robotic-Assisted Digital Laparoscopy for Abdominal, Pelvic, and Thoracoscopic Procedures
2. A Technical Overview of the CyberKnife System
3. The da Vinci Surgical System
4. The FreeHand System
5. Solo Surgery with ViKY: Safe, Simple, and Low-cost Robotic Surgery
6. Clinical Application of Soloassist, a Joystick-Guided Robotic Scope Holder,
in General Surgery
7. The Sina Robotic Telesurgery System
8. STRAS: A Modular and Flexible Telemanipulated Robotic Device for Intraluminal Surgery
9. Implementation of Novel Robotic Systems in Colorectal Surgery
10. The Use of Robotics in Colorectal Surgery
11. Robotic Radical Prostatectomy for Prostate Cancer: Natural Evolution of Surgery
for Prostate Cancer?
12. Robotic Liver Surgery: Shortcomings of the Status Quo
13. Clinical Applications of Robotics in General Surgery
14. Enhanced Vision to improve Safety in Robotic Surgery
15. Haptics in Surgical Robots
16. S-Surge: A Portable Surgical Robot Based on a Novel Mechanism With Force-Sensing
Capability for Robotic Surgery
17. Center for Advanced Surgical and Interventional Technology Multimodal Haptic
Feedback for Robotic Surgery
18. Applications of Flexible Robots in Endoscopic Surgery
19. Smart Composites and Hybrid Soft-Foldable Technologies for Minimally Invasive
20. Robotic-Assisted Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
21. Image-Guided Motion Compensation for Robotic-Assisted Beating Heart Surgery
22. Sunram 5: A Magnetic Resonance-Safe Robotic System for Breast Biopsy, Driven
by Pneumatic Stepper Motors
23. New Advances in Robotic Surgery in Hip and Knee Replacement
24. Intellijoint HIP: A 3D Minioptical, Patient-Mounted, Sterile Field Localization
System for Orthopedic Procedures
25. More Than 20 Years Navigation of Knee Surgery With the Orthopilot Device
26. NAVIO Surgical System—Handheld Robotics
27. Development of an Active Soft-Tissue Balancing System for Robotic-Assisted Total
28. Unicompartmental Knee Replacement Utilizing Robotics
29. Robotic and Image-Guided Knee Arthroscopy
30. Robossis: Orthopedic Surgical Robot
31. EOS imaging: 3D value along the entire patient care pathway for spine and lower limbs pathologies
32. Machine-Vision Image-Guided Surgery for Spinal and Cranial Procedures
33. Three-Dimensional Image-Guided Techniques for Minimally Invasive Surgery
34. Prospective Techniques for Magnetic Resonance Imaging
35. RONNA G4—Robotic Neuronavigation: A Novel Robotic Navigation Device for
36. Robotic Retinal Surgery
37. Ventilation Tube Applicator: A Revolutionary Office-Based Solution for
the Treatment of Otitis Media With Effusion
38. ACTORS: Adaptive and Compliant Transoral Robotic Surgery with Flexible Manipulators and Intelligent Guidance
Hongliang Ren, Changsheng Li, Liang Qiu and Chwee Ming Lim
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 24th September 2019
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
His specialties are in surgical robotics, robotics, biomechanics, and nonlinear modelling. He has focused on both basic and applied research endeavours, ensuring that his research is consistently relevant to the scientific community as well as the healthcare system and medical robotics industry. He has a passion for the development of novel technologies for application in critical areas of biomedicine, including clinical research and surgery.
Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey, United States; Robossis, Glassboro, New Jersey, United States; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.