Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Neural Computation explores neural computation applications, ranging from conventional fields of mechanical and civil engineering, to electronics, electrical engineering and computer science. This book covers the numerous applications of artificial and deep neural networks and their uses in learning machines, including image and speech recognition, natural language processing and risk analysis. Edited by renowned authorities in this field, this work is comprised of articles from reputable industry and academic scholars and experts from around the world.
Each contributor presents a specific research issue with its recent and future trends. As the demand rises in the engineering and medical industries for neural networks and other machine learning methods to solve different types of operations, such as data prediction, classification of images, analysis of big data, and intelligent decision-making, this book provides readers with the latest, cutting-edge research in one comprehensive text.
- Features high-quality research articles on multivariate adaptive regression splines, the minimax probability machine, and more
- Discusses machine learning techniques, including classification, clustering, regression, web mining, information retrieval and natural language processing
- Covers supervised, unsupervised, reinforced, ensemble, and nature-inspired learning methods
Professional engineers, research engineers, graduate students, PhD students
1. Gravitational Search Algorithm With Chaos
Seyedali Mirjalili, Amir H. Gandomi
2. Textures and Rough Sets
3. Hydrological time series forecasting using three different heuristic regression techniques
Ozgur Kisi, Jalal Shiri, Vahdettin Demir
4. A reflection on image classifications for forest ecology management: Towards landscape mapping and monitoring
Anusheema Chakraborty, Kamna Sachdeva, P.K. Joshi
5. An Intelligent Hybridization of ABC and LM Algorithms with Constraint Engineering Applications
Erdem Dilmen, Selim Yilmaz, Selami Beyhan
6. Network Intrusion Detection Model based on Fuzzy-Rough Classifiers
Ashalata Panigrahi, Manas Ranjan Patra
7. Efficient System Reliability Analysis of Earth Slopes Based on Support Vector Machine Regression Models
S. Metya, T. Mukhopadhyay, S. Adhikari , G. Bhattacharya
8. Predicting Short-Term Congested Traffic Flow on Urban Motorway Networks
Taiwo Adetiloye and Anjali Awasthi
9. Object Categorization Using Adaptive Graph-based Semi-supervised Learning
F. Dornaika, A. Bosaghzadeh, H. Salmane, and Y. Ruichek
10. Hemodynamic Model Inversion by Iterative Extended Kalman Smoother
11. Improved Sparse Approximation Models for Stochastic Computations
Tanmoy Chatterjee, Rajib Chowdhury
12. Symbol Detection in Multiple Antenna Wireless Systems via Ant Colony Optimization
Manish Mandloi, Vimal Bhatia
13. Application of particle swarm optimization to solve robotic assembly line balancing problems
J Mukund Nilakantan, S.G. Ponnambalam, Peter Nielsen
14. The cuckoo optimization algorithm and its applications
Mohamed Arezki Mellal, Edward J. Williams
15. Hybrid Intelligent Model Based on Least Squared Support Vector Regression and Artificial Bee Colony Optimization for Time Series Modeling and Forecasting Horizontal Displacement of Hydropower Dam
Tien Bui, Kien-Trinh Thi Bui, Quang-Thanh Bui, Chinh Van Doan, Nhat-Duc Hoang
16. Modelling the axial capacity of bored piles using multi-objective feature selection, functional network and multivariate adaptive regression spline
Ranajeet Mohanty, Shakti Suman, Sarat Kumar Das
17. Transient stability constrained optimal power flow using chaotic whale optimization algorithm
Dharmbir Prasad, Aparajita Mukherjee, V. Mukherjee
18. Slope Stability Evaluation Using Radial Basis Function Neural Network, Least Squares Support Vector Machines, and Extreme Learning Machine
Nhat-Duc Hoang, Dieu Tien Bui
19. Alternating Decision Trees
Melanie Po-Leen Ooi, Hong Kuan Sok, Ye Chow Kuang, Serge Demidenko
20. Scene Understanding Using Deep Learning
Farzad Husain, Babette Dellen, Carme Torras
21. Deep Learning for Coral Classification
Ammar Mahmood, Mohammed Bennamoun, Senjian An, Ferdous Sohel, Farid Boussaid, Renae Hovey, Gary Kendrick, Robert B. Fisher
22. A Deep Learning Framework for Classifying Mysticete Sounds
23. Unsupervised deep learning for data-driven reliability and risk analysis of engineered systems
Peng Jiang, Mojtaba Maghrebi, Alan Crosky, Serkan Saydam
24. Applying Machine Learning Algorithms in Landslide Susceptibility Assessments
Paraskevas Tsangaratos, Ioanna Ilia
25. MDHS-LPNN: A hybrid FOREX predictor model using a Legendre polynomial Neural Network with a Modified Differential Harmony Search technique
Rajashree Dash, Pradipta Kishore Dash
26. A Neural Model of Attention and Feedback for Computing Perceived Brightness in Vision
Ashish Bakshi, Kuntal Ghosh
27. Support Vector Machine: Principles, Parameters and Applications
Raoof Gholami, Nikoo Fakhari
28. Evolving Radial Basis Function Networks using Moth-Flame Optimizer
Hossam Faris, Ibrahim Aljarah, Seyedali Mirjalili
29. Application of Fuzzy Methods in Power system Problems
Sajad Madadi, Morteza Nazari-Heris, Behnam Mohammdi-Ivatloo
30. Application of Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm in Power system Problems
Milad Zamani-Gargari, Morteza Nazari-Heris, Behnam Mohammadi-Ivatloo
31. Optimum Design of Composite Steel-Concrete Floors Based on a Hybrid Genetic Algorithm
Mohamed G. Sahab, Vassili V. Toropov, Amir H. Gandomi
32. A Comparative Study of Image Segmentation Algorithms and Descriptors for Building Detection
F. Dornaika, A. Moujahid, Y. El Merabet, Y. Ruichek
33. Object-Oriented Random Forest for High Resolution Land Cover Mapping Using Quickbird-2 Imagery
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 18th July 2017
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Pijush Samui is working as an associate professor in civil engineering department at NIT Patna, India. He graduated in 2000, with a B.Tech. in Civil Engineering from Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, India. He received his M.Sc. in Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India (2004). He holds a Ph.D. in Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering (2008) from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. He was a postdoctoral fellow at University of Pittsburgh (USA) (2008-2009) and Tampere University of Technology (Finland) (2009- 2010). In 2010, Dr. Pijush joined in the Center for Disaster Mitigation and Management at VIT University as an Associate Professor. He was promoted to full Professor in 2012. Dr. Pijush is the recipient of the prestigious CIMO fellowship (2009) from Finland, for his integrated research on the design of railway embankment. He was awarded Shamsher Prakash Research Award (2011) by IIT Roorkee for his innovative research on the application of Artificial Intelligence in designing civil engineering structure. He was selected as the recipient of IGS Sardar Resham Singh Memorial Award – 2013 for his innovative research on infrastructure project. He was elected Fellow of International Congress of Disaster Management in 2010. He served as a guest in disaster advance journal. He also serves as an editorial board member in several international journals. He has been selected as an adjunct professor at Ton Duc Thang University (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam). He has been Visiting Professor at Far East Federal University (Russia).
Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Patna, Bihar, India
Sanjiban Sekhar Roy is an Associate Professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering, Vellore Institute of Technology. He joined VIT in the year 2009 as an Asst. Professor. His research interests include Deep Learning and advanced machine learning. He has published around 50 articles in a reputed international journal (with SCI impact factors) and conferences. He also is editorial board members to a handful of international journals and reviewer to many highly reputed journals such as Neural processing letters, Springer , IEEE Access: The Multidisciplinary Open Access Journal, Computers & Security, Elsevier , International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms, Inderscience International publishers, International Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing, Inderscience International publishers,Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, Evolutionary Intelligence, Springer, Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, Springer, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Electrical Engineering, Springer. He uses Deep Learning and machine learning techniques to solve many complex engineering problems, especially those are related to imagery. He is specialized in deep convolutional neural networks and generative adversarial network. Dr. Roy also has edited many books with reputed interntional publishers such as elsevier,springer and IGI Global. Very recently, Ministry of National Education, Romania in collaboration with "Aurel Vlaicu" University Arad Faculty of Engineers, Romania has awarded Dr. Roy with "Diploma of Excellence" as a sign of appreciation for the special achievements obtained in the scientific research activity in 2019.
Associate Professor in School of Computer Science and Engineering, Vellore Institute of Technology
Valentina E. Balas is currently Full Professor in the Department of Automatics and Applied Software at the Faculty of Engineering “Aurel Vlaicu”, University of Arad, Romania. She holds a Ph.D. cum laude in Applied Electronics and Telecommunications from the Polytechnic University of Timisoara. Dr. Balas is the author of more than 350 research papers in refereed journals and International Conferences. Her research interests are in intelligent systems, fuzzy control, soft computing, smart sensors, information fusion, modeling and simulation. She is the editor-in-chief to International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms (IJAIP) and to International Journal of Computational Systems Engineering (IJCSysE), member in the editorial board of several national and international journals and is evaluator expert for national and international projects and PhD thesis. Dr. Balas is the director of the Intelligent Systems Research Centre in Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad and Director of the Department of International Relations, Programs and Projects in the same university. She served as General Chair of the International Workshop Soft Computing and Applications (SOFA) in nine editions, organized in the interval 2005-2020 and held in Romania and Hungary. Dr. Balas participated in many international conferences as organizer, honorary chair, session chair, member in steering, advisory or international program committees and Keynote speaker. Now she is working in a national project with EU funding support: BioCell-NanoART ¼ Novel Bioinspired Cellular Nano-Architectures - For Digital Integrated Circuits, 3M Euro from National Authority for Scientific Research and Innovation. She is a member of European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology (EUSFLAT), member of Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) and a Senior Member IEEE, member in Technical Committee e Fuzzy Systems (IEEE Computational Intelligence Society), chair of the Task Force 14 in Technical Committee e Emergent Technologies (IEEE CIS), member in Technical Committee e Soft Computing (IEEE SMCS). Dr. Balas was past Vice-president (responsible with Awards) of IFSA - International Fuzzy Systems Association Council (2013-2015), is a Joint Secretary of the Governing Council of Forum for Interdisciplinary Mathematics (FIM), - A Multidisciplinary Academic Body, India and recipient of the “Tudor Tanasescu” Prize from the Romanian Academy for contributions in the field of soft computing methods (2019).
Full Professor, Department of Automatics and Applied Software Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Romania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.