Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Microbial Nanotechnology is a collection of the most recent scientific advancements in the fundamental application of microbial nanotechnology across various sectors. This comprehensive handbook highlights the vast subject areas of microbial nanotechnology and its potential applications in food, pharmacology, water, environmental remediation, etc. This book will serve as an excellent reference handbook for researchers and students in the food sciences, materials sciences, biotechnology, microbiology and in the pharmaceutical fields.
Microbial nanotechnology is taking part in creating development and innovation in various sectors. Despite the participation of microbial nanotechnology in modern development, there are some hindrances. The lack of information, the possibility of adverse impacts on the environment, human health, safety and sustainability are still a challenge. This handbook addresses these challenges.
- Offers up-to-date, scientific information on the integration of microbiology and nanotechnology
- Explores how nanotechnology can improve the detection of trace chemical contaminants, viruses and bacteria in food and other industry applications
- Provides readers with a fundamental understanding of microbial nanotechnology and its challenges
- Includes real-time applications with case studies to illustrate how microbial nanotechnology influences modern sciences and technologies
A broad range of scientists in food, biological, and material sciences. Chemists, manufacturing scientists and engineers, pharmacists, biologists who are involved and interested in the future frontiers of microbial nanotechnology. Advanced students; grad students
1. Characterisation of Microbial nanotechnology
PART I: Microbial and related synthesis of nanomaterials
2. Green synthesis of nanomaterials
PART II: Microbial nanotechnology in food Industry
3. Food packaging
4. Antimicrobial packaging
5. Microbial Polymer nanocomposite
PART III: Microbial nanotechnology in diagnostic methods
6. Pathogen identification through surface marker recognition
PART IV: Microbial nanotechnology for Environmental Remediation and Water resources
7. Enzyme incorporated nanotechnology in wastewater treatment
8. Microbes incorporated nanomaterials for water purification
9. Nanosensors for pathogens and contamination detection
10. Green nanotechnology for Environment
PART V: Microbial Nanotechnology: utilization of atomic force microscopy
11. Atomic force microscopy with Microbial Nanotechnology
12. Flow cytometry
13. Raman spectroscopy
PART VI: Microbial Nanotechnology: Imaging growth and division of cells
13. Microbial Nanotechnology in energy devices
14. Nanoparticle Facilitated Electron Transfer in Microbial Fuel Cells
PART VII: ELSI and Safety Issues of Microbial Nanotechnology
15. Regulations and Risk Assessment of Microbial Green nanotechnology
16. Toxicity of Microbial nanotechnology
PART VIII: Sustainable Future and Microbial Nanotechnology
17. Modern Society and Microbial nanotechnology
18. Future of Microbial Green nanotechnology
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st October 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain is Adjunct Professor, Academic Advisor and Director of Chemistry & EVSc Labs in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Sciences at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey, USA. His research is focused on the applications of Nanotechnology & Advanced Materials, Environmental Management, Analytical Chemistry and various industries. He is author of numerous papers in peer-reviewed journals as well as prolific author and editor of several scientific monographs and handbooks in his research areas.
Adjunct Professor, Academic Advisor and Director of Chemistry and EVSc Labs, Department of Chemistry and Environmental Sciences, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.