Handbook of Materials Failure Analysis: With Case Studies from the Electronics Industries examines the reasons materials fail in certain situations, including material defects and mechanical failure as a result of various causes. The book begins with a general overview of materials failure analysis and its importance, and then logically proceeds from a discussion of the failure analysis process, types of failure analysis, specific tools and techniques, and analysis of materials failure from various causes. The book covers the most common types of materials failure analysis and possible solutions.
Failure can occur for several reasons: materials defects-related failure; materials design-related failure; or corrosion-related failures. The suitability of the materials to work in a definite environment is an important issue.
- Provides the most up-to-date and balanced coverage of failure analysis, combining foundational knowledge and current research on the latest developments and innovations in the field
- Offers an ideal accompaniment for those interested in materials forensic investigation, failure of materials, static failure analysis, dynamic failure analysis, and fatigue life prediction
- Presents compelling new case studies from key industries to demonstrate concepts
Materials engineers, chemists, and research scientists working in materials engineering and failure analysis primarily in the electronics industry
Part I: Basics and Introduction to Failure Analysis
1. Materials Failure Analysis: An overview of relative industry
2. Principles of Failure Analysis (how a failure analysis is performed)
3. Classifications and types of Materials Failure Analysis
4. Tools and Techniques in Failure Analysis
5. Basics of Materials Failure analysis due to mechanical effects
Part II: Failure Due to first reason
6. Case 1
7. Case 2
8. Case 3
9. Case 4
Part III: Failure Due to second reason
10. Case 1
11. Case 2
12. Case 3
13. Case 4
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2019
- 1st July 2019
- Hardcover ISBN:
Abdel Salam Hamdy Makhlouf was formerly a Professor at the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Texas Pan-American, USA.
RGV STAR Professor, Dept. of Manufacturing Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Texas Pan-American, Edinburg, TX, USA
Mahmood Aliofkhazraei is assistant professor in the department of materials science at the Tarbiat Modares University, where he also earned his master's degree and Ph.D. in corrosion and protection of materials. Dr. Aliofkhazraei has authored over 60 scientific publications on nanostructured coatings and thin films and has received numerous scientific awards, such as Khwarizmi award. He was selected among the 10 top best nanotechnologists in his country.
Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Science, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran