This handbook brings together in a single volume expert contributions on the many aspects of MO data recording, including the materials in use, techniques for achieving recording function, and storage device subsystems. As a multiple author treatment, it brings perspective from many viewpoints and institutions. The insights delivered should be valuable to a wide audience from students to practitioners in all areas of information storage.
Practitioners and students in all areas of information storage.
- Magneto-Optical Data Recording: Introduction and Overview 1.0 Introduction to Optical Storage 2.0 The Advantages of Optical Storage 3.0 The Storage Hierarchy and Optical Libraries 4.0 The MO Drive 5.0 Magneto-Optical Storage Products and Success in the Marketplace References
- Heads and Lasers 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Laser Diodes 3.0 Incident Light Path 4.0 Return Light Path 5.0 Examples of Production MO Optical Heads 6.0 Future Improvements Acknowledgments References
- Servos and Actuators 1.0 Introduction 2.0 The Servo Loop 3.0 Actuator Technology List of Symbols References
- Media Substrates And Format 1.0 Disk Layout and Functional Areas 2.0 Pre-Mastering 3.0 Mastering 4.0 Molding and Stamping 5.0 Protection Coats; Lifetime 6.0 Hubbing 7.0 Cartridging 8.0 Optical and Mechanical Property Control Acknowledgement References
- Magneto-Optical Thin Film Recording Materials in Practice 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Design Concepts 3.0 Film Deposition and Manufacturing Methods 4.0 Magneto-Optical Thin Film Materials 5.0 Reflector Thin Film Materials 6.0 Environment and Lifetime 7.0 Summary and Outlook Acknowledgments Abbreviations and Symbols References
- Materials Characterization 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Optical Characterization 3.0 Magneto-Optical Characterization 4.0 Thermal C
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1995
- 31st December 1995
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Quinta Corporation, San Jose, CA, USA
Kodak Research Laboratories, Rochester, NY, USA
"This Handbook is highly recommended for anyone with at least an active interest in the field ..." - RIC News.