Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Encompasses the entire range of industrial refractory materials and forms: properties and their measurement, applications, manufacturing, installation and maintenance techniques, quality assurance, and statistical process control.
Engineers, scientists, industrial managers and graduate students in ceramic or materials engineering/science.
- Introduction Technical Perspectives Historical Perspectives
- Foundations of Hot Processing A Reference Chapter Computational Quantities and Conversion Factors Hot Processing Temperatures and Their Measurement Process Chemistry and Environments
- Foundations of Refractory Application A Second Reference Chapter Contemporary Hot Processing Equipment Continuous Types - Vertical Continuous Types - Horizontal Batch Types - Circular Batch Types - Rectangular Other Refractory Applications
- Principles of Thermal Stability Melting Points of Substances Melting of Oxide Mixtures Microstructural Integrity
- Principles of Corrosion Resistance: Oxidation-Reduction Importance of Corrosion Gibbs Free Energies Refractory Alteration by Oxidation-Reduction
- Principles of Corrosion Resistance: Hot Liquids Liquid Penetration and Dissolution-Corrosion Factors Governing Penetration Factors Governing Dissolution
- Principles of Corrosion Resistance: Hot Gases and Dusts Atmospheric Penetration and Condensation Dusts: Deposition and Abrasion Conclusion: Principles of Working Refractory Construction
- The Working Refractory Product Line Classification of Working Refractories Maximum Service Temperatures Thermal Stress Resistance Corrosion Resistance Qualifications for Working Refractory Service
- The Insulating Refractory Product Line
Applications and Application Criteria
Classification of Insulating Refractories
Physical Form and Installation of Linings
- Refractory Practice Refractory Qualifications in Review Refractory Practice from Qualifications Catalog of Refractory Practice
- Design Properties: Thermal and Electrical Reversible Thermal Expansion Permanent Deformation Specific Heat Thermal Conductivity Electrical Conductivity
- Design Properties: Mechanical Elasticity and Plasticity: Ceramics as a Model Mechanical Characterization of Refractories Illustrative Mechanical Properties of Refractories
- Refractory Manufacture Overview: Consolidated Flow Diagram for Refractories From Raw Materials to Forming Forming of Masonry and Special Shapes Agglomeration for Sintered Grain Drying and Firing of Refractories Quality Assurance in Manufacture
- Refractory Installation and Maintenance Structural Engineering Masonry Construction Installation of Monolithics
- Conclusion References Refractory Patents Index
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1992
- 31st December 1992
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"This handy reference book encompasses the entire contemporary range." - The Refractory Institute