- Summarizes current understanding of the many human responses to vibration, including both whole-body and hand-transmitted vibration
- Presents experimental data and appropriate models so that readers can address practical problems
- Contains a large, multidisciplinary glossary of terms
- Features an extensive bibliography and guide to national and international standards
Table of Contents
- Vibration and Human Responses. An Introduction to Whole-Body Vibration. Vibration Discomfort. Activity Interference Caused By Vibration. Whole-Body Vibration and Health. Perception of Whole-Body Vibration and the Assessment of Vibration in Buildings. Motion Sickness. Whole-Body Biodynamics. Seating Dynamics. Whole-Body Vibration Standards. Methods of Measuring and Evaluating Whole-Body Vibration Exposures. An Introduction to Hand-Transmitted Vibration. Vascular Disorders Associated with Hand-Transmitted Vibration. Non-Vascular Disorders Associated with Hand-Transmitted Vibration. Dose-Effect Relationship for Hand-Transmitted Vibration. Hand-Transmitted Vibration Standards. Limits and Compensation. Measurement and Evaluation of Hand-Transmitted Vibration Exposures. Preventative Actions for Hand-Transmitted Vibration. Appendix 1: Units, Multipliers, Symbols and Abbreviations. Appendix 2: Frequencies and Spectra. Appendix 3: Vibration Levels: The Use of Decibels. Appendix 4: National and International Standards. Appendix 5: Whole-Body Vibration and Health--Field Studies. Appendix 6: Examples of Vibration-Induced White Finger from the Use of Percussive Metal-Working Tools. Appendix 7: Examples of Vibration-Induced White Finger from the Use of Grinding and Other Rotary Tools. Appendix 8: Examples of Vibration-Induced White Finger from the Use of Pneumatic Hammers and Drills Such as Used in Mining Work. Appendix 9: Examples of Vibration-Induced White Finger from the Use of Chain Saws. Appendix 10: Examples of Bone and Joint Disorders in Users of Vibrating Tools. References. Glossary. Index.
- No. of pages: 988
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1996
- Published: October 17, 1996
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN: 9780123030412
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Handbook of Human Vibration"