- Defines hope as a construct and describes development of hope through the lifespan
- Provides multiple instruments for measuring hope
- Guides professionals in how to assess hope levels & implement hope as part of therapy
- Relates hope to all portions of the population
- Includes case studies, figures, and tables to aid understanding of research findings and concepts; discusses the importance of hope to relationships, achieving goals, and success at work
Table of Contents
C.R. Snyder, Hypothesis: There is Hope.
Developing and Deteriorating:
C.R. Snyder, Genesis: The Birth and Growth of Hope.
A. Rodriguez-Hanley and C.R. Snyder, The Demise of Hope: On Losing Positive Thinking.
S.J. Lopez, R. Ciarlelli, L. Coffman, M. Stone, and L. Wyatt, Diagnosing For Strengths: On Measuring Hope Building Blocks.
C.R. Snyder and J.D. Taylor, Hope as a Common Factor Across Psychotherapy Approaches: A Lesson From the "Dodo's Verdict".
J.D. Taylor, D.B. Feldman, R.S. Saunders, and S.S. Ilardi, Hope Theory and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies.
S.J. Lopez, R.K. Floyd, J.C. Ulven, and C.R. Snyder, Hope Therapy: Helping Clients Build a House of Hope.
S.T. Michael, J.D. Taylor, and J. Cheavens, Hope Theory As Applied to Brief Therapies: Problem-Solving and Solution Focused Interventions.
S.C. Sympson and M. Q. Elder, Feminist Therapy as Empowering Hope.
Applications to Specific People:
D. McDermott and S. Hastings, Children: Raising Future Hopes.
J. Cheavens and A. Gum, Gray Power: Hope Across the Ages.
S.J. Lopez, K.P. Gariglietti, D. McDermott, E. D. Sherwin, R.K. Floyd, K. Rand and C.R. Snyder, Hope for the Evolution of Diversity: On Leveling the Field of Dreams.
L.A. Curry and C.R. Snyder, Hope Takes the Field: Mind Matters in Athletic Performances.
L.M. Irving and R. Cannon, Starving for Hope: Goals, Agency, and Pathways in the Development and Treatment of Eating Disorders.
S.S. Sympson, Rediscovering Hope: Understanding and Working with Survivors of Trauma.
S.T. Michael, Hope Conquers Fear: Overcoming Anxiety and Panic Attacks
J. Cheavens, Light Through the Shadows: Depression and Hope.
C. Moon and C.R. Snyder, Hope and the Journey of AIDS.
J.D. Taylor, Confronting Breast Cancer: Hopes for Health.
T.R. Elliott and M. Kurylo, Hope Over Acquired Disability: Lessons of a Young Woman's Triumph.
C.R. Snyder and D.B. Feldman, Hope for the Many: An Empowering Social Agenda.
- No. of pages: 440
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2000
- Published: April 24, 2000
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080533063
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780126540505
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Handbook of Hope"