Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction: A survey of the status of electricity generation in the world
2. Introduction: Generation IV International Forum
3. Very high-temperature reactor
4. Gas-cooled fast reactors
5. Sodium-cooled fast reactor
6. Lead-cooled fast reactor
7. Molten salt fast reactors
8. Super-critical water-cooled reactors
9. Generation IV: USA
10. Euratom research and training program in Generation-IV systems: Breakthrough technologies to improve sustainability, safety and reliability, socioeconomics, and proliferation resistance
11. Generation IV concepts: Japan
12. Generation IV concepts: USSR and Russia
13. Generation IV concepts in Korea
14. Generation IV concepts: China
15. Generation IV concepts: India
16. The safety of advanced reactors
17. Nonproliferation for advanced reactors: Political and social aspects
18. Thermal aspects of conventional and alternative fuels
19. Hydrogen cogeneration with Generation IV nuclear power plants
20. Advanced small modular reactors
Handbook of Generation IV Nuclear Reactors, Second Edition is a fully revised and updated comprehensive resource on the latest research and advances in generation IV nuclear reactor concepts. Editor Igor Pioro and his team of expert contributors have updated every chapter to reflect advances in the field since the first edition published in 2016. The book teaches the reader about available technologies, future prospects and the feasibility of each concept presented, equipping them users with a strong skillset which they can apply to their own work and research.
- Provides a fully updated, revised and comprehensive handbook dedicated entirely to generation IV nuclear reactors
- Includes new trends and developments since the first publication, as well as brand new case studies and appendices
- Covers the latest research, developments and design information surrounding generation IV nuclear reactors
Based on your assessment of the current edition and planned revision, in your view who is the audience for the project (what field, what level of expertise, etc.)?Based on your assessment of the current edition and planned revision, in your view who is the audience for the project (what field, what level of expertise, etc.)?
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st March 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor Igor Pioro is an internationally recognized scientist within areas of nuclear engineering. He is author/co-author of 367 publications including 9 technical books, 15 chapters in technical books, 76 papers in refereed journals, 198 papers in refereed proceedings of international and national conferences and symposiums, 26 patents and inventions, and 43 major technical reports.
Professor Pioro graduated from the National Technical University of Ukraine/Kiev Polytechnic Institute with Master of Applied Science in Thermal Physics in 1979. After that, he worked in various positions, including an engineer, senior scientist, deputy director, professor, director of the graduate program in nuclear engineering, and associate dean. Currently, he is associated with the Faculty of Energy Systems and Nuclear Science University of Ontario Institute of Technology (Canada).
Professor Pioro is a Founding Editor of the ASME Journal of Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Science (from 2014) and an Associate Editor of the ASME Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines & Power. He was a Chair of the Executive Committee of the Nuclear Engineering Division of the ASME (2011-2012) and a Chair of the International Conference On Nuclear Engineering (ICONE20-POWER2012).
Professor Pioro has received many international and national awards and certificates of appreciation including an Honorary Doctor’s degree from the National Technical University of Ukraine “Kiev Polytechnic Institute” (2013); The Canadian Nuclear Society (CNS) Education and Communication Award (2011); The UOIT Research Excellence Award (2011); and the ICONE Award from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) (2009).
Faculty of Energy Systems and Nuclear Science, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.