Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- The Anatomy of the Human Foot
2. Foot Problems and their Implications for Footwear Design
3. Foot Biomechanics and Gait
4. Foot Development in Childhood and Adolescence
5. Sample Foot Data: 3D Scan, MRI CAT Scan Data, and Thermal Data
6. Foot Anthropometry and Foot Shape
7. Foot Models and Measurements
8. Foot Sketch Templates and Footwear Design
9. Shoe Design Development
10. Footwear Drawing Templates and Shoe Design
11. Footwear Design Exploration, Customization and Personalization
12. Design Technologies: 3D Design and 3D Printing
13. Footwear Comfort
14. Design and Manufacture of Shoe Lasts
15. Shoe-last Design for Mass-customized Footwear
16. The Footwear Business and Advertising
17. The Environmental Impact of Footwear and Footwear Materials
18. Footwear for Cold Weather Conditions
19. Textiles for Protective Military Footwear
20. Textiles and other Materials for Orthopaedic Footwear Insoles
21. Design Issues in Geriatric Footwear
23. Green Footwear
Handbook of Footwear Design and Manufacture, Second Edition, is a fully updated, expanded guide on the theories, processes, methodologies and technologies surrounding the footwear supply chain. Topics discussed include engineering design methodology, reducing manufacturing waste, footwear advertisement, emerging imaging technology, advice on the optimization of manufacturing processes for productivity, and summaries of the latest advances from researchers around the globe. This updated edition also includes coverage of sizing and grading based on different footwear styles and methods, AI based personalization and customization, emerging models for online footwear shopping (involving data mining), and new methods for foot data analysis and representation.
- Covers many exciting new developments, such as AR/VR, additive manufacturing, customization of footwear, new last design methods, and green footwear
- Addresses the entire footwear design and manufacture supply chain
- Explains new methods for foot data analysis and representation
Engineers, managers, and designers working in the footwear industry. Researchers and advanced students in fields related to the manufacturing and design of footwear
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 11th February 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Ameersing Luximon is an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Textiles and Clothing, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.
Assistant Professor, Institute of Textiles and Clothing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.