Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Flame Retardants contains an extensive evaluation of the existing literature, products and patents related to flame retardance. As a perfect complement to The Databook of Flame Retardants, this book explains the roles, selection, mechanisms of action, use in different polymers and products, and health and environmental issues of over 350 different products. Chapters highlight the fundamentals of material burning and the associated stages of heat, flame and smoke, properties and mechanisms, and preventive, delaying and extinguishing attributes of 27 chemical groups of flame retardants. Examples of synergistic and antagonistic actions of various additives are discussed next, along with testing methods.
The book concludes with chapters providing guidance on optimal selection of flame retardants for various polymers and information on the toxicity of flame retardants and their effects on the environment.
- Evaluates the existing literature, products and patents related to flame retardance
- Covers the fundamentals of material burning and associated stages of heat, flame and smoke
- Outlines and evaluates the properties of 27 chemical groups of flame retardants
- Provides examples of synergistic and antagonistic actions of various additives
- Looks at methods of testing flame retardants and quantifies their effect on products
Researchers in materials science and engineering (chemical; mechanical); professional material scientists and engineers
- Introduction to Flame Retardants
2. Fire Initiation and Spread
3. Combustion, Pyrolysis, and Smoke Formation, Properties of Flame Retardants
4. Mechanisms of Action of Flame Retardants
5. Effect of Other Components of Formulation on Flame Retardants
6. Methods of Testing Flame Retardants and Their Formulations
7. Selection of Flame Retardants for Different Polymers
8. Results of Application of Flame Retardants in Different Products
9. Health, Safety, and Environmental Issues in Flame Retardants
- No. of pages:
- © ChemTec Publishing 2021
- 1st March 2021
- ChemTec Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
George Wypych has a Ph.D. in chemical engineering. His professional expertise includes both university teaching (full professor) and research and development. He has published 18 books, 47 scientific papers, and he has obtained 16 patents. He specializes in polymer additives, polymer processing and formulation, material durability and the development of sealants and coatings.
ChemTec Publishing, Ontario, Canada
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.