2. History of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
3. Properties of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
4. Functional fillers, properties and modifying effect on PTFE
5. Pigmenting PTFE compounds
6. Additives and Aids
7. Granular based PTFE compounds: low flow (non-free flow) – free flow (soft and densified) – presintered
8. Fine powder based compounds
9. Co coagulated compounds
10. Properties of filled PTFE compounds
11. Fabrication processes of PTFE compounds
12. Applications of Filled PTFE compounds
13.Commercial filled PTFE compounds
14. Health and safety aspects of handling and disposing of PTFE compounds
Handbook of Filled Polytetrafluoroethylene Compounds offers detailed and all-encompassing coverage of filled PTFE compounds. Presented by an industry expert, the book is a unique guide to all aspects of manufacture, processing and applications.
The book covers the manufacture of filled PTFE compounds, including non-free flow, free flow and pre-sintered grades, as well as filled coagulated dispersion PTFE compounds. Property modifications, filler selection and specifications, filled grades and their uses, fabrication processes, and health and safety aspect will also be presented.
This essential information will be invaluable to engineers, technicians and production supervisors working in this area, enabling them to refine processes and to improve end product quality. The book will also provide researchers and students with fundamental knowledge of this growing field.
- An in-depth guide to the manufacture of filled PTFE compounds, helping engineers, technicians and production supervisors to improve processes and product quality
- Covers all types of filled PTFE compounds and fillers, as well as historical, commercial, and health and safety aspects
- Includes specialized information and expert insights that have not been published in a dedicated book before
R&D technical personnel, engineers, production supervisors, practitioners; researchers, postgraduate and undergraduate students in chemical engineering, materials and plastics
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2019
- 1st September 2018
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
Jeffrey Pateman is a Filled PTFE consultant. He has worked as an experimental engineer with ICI ‘Fluon’ technical services, filled compounds plant manager at ICI, filled compounds plant supervisor at LNP in the Netherlands, and filled compounds specialist at DuPont. He designed the new manufacturing installation in The Netherlands for DuPont.
Filled PTFE consultant