Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Modeling Coupled Climate, Ecosystems, and Economic Systems
William A. Brock and Anastasios Xepapadeas
2. Ecology and Economics in the Science of Anthropogenic Biosphere Change
Charles Perrings and Ann Kinzig
3. The Nature of Natural Capital and Ecosystem Income
Eli P. Fenichel, Joshua K. Abbott, and Seong Do Yun
4. Through the Looking Glass: Environmental Health Economics in Low and Middle Countries
Subhrendu K. Pattanayak, Emily L. Pakhtigian, and Erin L. Litzow
5. The Farmer’s Climate Change Adaptation Challenge in Least Developed Countries
Maximilian Auffhammer and Matthew E. Kahn
6. Selection and Design of Environmental Policy Instruments
Thomas Sterner and Elizabeth J.Z. Robinson
7. Quasi-Experimental Methods in Environmental Economics: Opportunities and Challenges
Olivier Deschenes and Kyle C. Meng
8. Environmental Macroeconomics: The Case of Climate Change
John Hassler and Per Krusell
9. Causal inference in Environmental Conservation: The Role of Institutions
Erin Sills and Kelly Jones
10. Uncertainty and Ambiguity in Environmental Economics: Conceptual Issues
Geoffrey Heal and Antony Millner
Handbook in Environmental Economics, Volume 4, the latest in this ongoing series, highlights new advances in the field, with this new volume presenting timely chapters on Modeling Ecosystems and Economic Systems, Framing Sustainability Policy Questions: Who Leads – Ecology or Economics?, Valuing Natural Capital Within an Integrated Economic Ecological, Developing Economies, Urbanization, Climate Change and Health, Viewing Environmental Policy Instruments for Domestic and International Perspective, Quasi experimental Estimation of Environmental Policies, Environment Macro, The Rules for Formal and Informal Institutions in Managing Environmental Resources, and How Should Uncertainty Be Integrated into the Methods for Policy Evaluation?
- Answers key policy questions facing environmental agencies in developed and developing economies
- Integrates insights from economics and ecology as part of several key chapters
- Presents the latest on efforts to review and evaluate the new literatures on field and quasi experiments in environmental economics
- Provides the first substantive review of environmental macro economics
Faculty, graduate students and policy analysts in environmental agencies around the world
- No. of pages:
- © North Holland 2018
- 24th October 2018
- North Holland
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"Ten papers explore the impacts of climate change, focusing on the scale of these impacts, their associated policies, and people’s responses to them." --Journal of Economic Literature
Sir Partha Dasgupta teaches at the Faculty of Economics, Cambridge University, Sidgwick Avenue, Cambridge CB3 9DD, UK
Faculty of Economics, Cambridge University, UK
Dr. Subhrendu Pattanayak teaches at the Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University, Durham, USA
Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Dr. V. Kerry Smith teaches at the Department of Economics from the W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University, Tempe, USA
Department of Economics, W. P. Carey School of Business, Tempe, AZ, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.