Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Electrochemistry plays a key role in a broad range of research and applied areas including the exploration of new inorganic and organic compounds, biochemical and biological systems, corrosion, energy applications involving fuel cells and solar cells, and nanoscale investigations. The Handbook of Electrochemistry serves as a source of electrochemical information, providing details of experimental considerations, representative calculations, and illustrations of the possibilities available in electrochemical experimentation. The book is divided into five parts: Fundamentals, Laboratory Practical, Techniques, Applications, and Data. The first section covers the fundamentals of electrochemistry which are essential for everyone working in the field, presenting an overview of electrochemical conventions, terminology, fundamental equations, and electrochemical cells, experiments, literature, textbooks, and specialized books. Part 2 focuses on the different laboratory aspects of electrochemistry which is followed by a review of the various electrochemical techniques ranging from classical experiments to scanning electrochemical microscopy, electrogenerated chemiluminesence and spectroelectrochemistry. Applications of electrochemistry include electrode kinetic determinations, unique aspects of metal deposition, and electrochemistry in small places and at novel interfaces and these are detailed in Part 4. The remaining three chapters provide useful electrochemical data and information involving electrode potentials, diffusion coefficients, and methods used in measuring liquid junction potentials.
- serves as a source of electrochemical information
- includes useful electrochemical data and information involving electrode potentials, diffusion coefficients, and methods used in measuring liquid junction potentials
- reviews electrochemical techniques (incl. scanning electrochemical microscopy, electrogenerated chemiluminesence and spectroelectrochemistry)
Electrochemists of all levels working in physical or analytical chemistry
Part One: Fundamentals
- Fundamentals Part Two: Laboratory Practical
- Practical Electrochemical Cells
- Solvents and Supporting Electrolytes
- Reference Electrodes
- Solid Electrode Materials: Pretreatment and Activation
- Potentiometric Ion-Selective Electrodes
- Chemically Modified Electrodes
- Semiconductor Electrodes
- Microelectrode Arrays Part Three: Techniques
- Classical Experiments
- Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy
- Electrogenerated Chemiluminesence
- Spectroelectrochemistry Part Four: Applications
- Determination of Electrode Kinetics
- Metal Deposition
- Electrochemistry in Small Places and at Novel Interfaces Part Five: Data
- Electrode Potentials
- Diffusion Coefficients
- Liquid Junction Potentials
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2007
- 11th December 2006
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Cynthia Zoski Associate Director & Research Professor, Center of Electrochemistry, The University of Texas at Austin, USA Cynthia G. Zoski is the Associate Director for the Center of Electrochemistry and a Research Professor in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Texas at Austin, USA. Having completed studies at Leigh University, USA, Queen’s University, Canada and Deakin University, Australia, she went on to become Associate Professor at New Mexico State University, before moving on the The University of Texas at Austin. In addition to her research and teaching, Cynthia has organized, co-chaired and run numerous conferences, panels, symposia and workshops in the field over the last decade, and she currently has 3 books and over 60 publications to her name.
Associate Director & Research Professor, Center of Electrochemistry, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.