Table of Contents
- A. Finite-Dimensional Methods
1. Mechanisms of phase-locking and frequency control in pairs of coupled neural oscillators (N. Kopell, G.B. Ermentrout).
2. Invariant manifolds and Lagrangian dynamics in the ocean and
atmosphere (C. Jones, S. Winkler).
3. Geometric singular perturbation analysis of neuronal dynamics (J.E. Rubin, D. Terman).
4. Numerical continuation, and computation of normal forms (W.-J. Beyn, A. Champneys, E. Doedel, W. Govaerts,Y.A. Kuznetsov, B. Sandstede).
5. Set oriented numerical methods for dynamical systems (M. Dellnitz, O. Junge).
6. Numerics and exponential smallness (V. Gelfreich).
7. Shadowability of chaotic dynamical systems (C. Grebogi, L. Poon, T. Sauer, J.A. Yorke, D. Auerbach).
8. Numerical analysis of dynamical systems (J. Guckenheimer).
C. Topological Methods
9. Conley index (K. Mischaikow, M. Mrozek).
10. Functional differential equations (R.D. Nussbaum).
D. Partial Differential Equations
11. Navier--Stokes equations and dynamical systems (C. Bardos, B. Nicolaenko).
12. The nonlinear Schrödinger equation as both a PDE and a
dynamical system (D. Cai, D.W. McLaughlin, K.T.R. McLaughlin).
13. Pattern formation in gradient systems (P.C. Fife).
14. Blow-up in nonlinear heat equations from the dynamical systems point of view (M. Fila, H. Matano).
15. The Ginzburg--Landau equation in its role as a modulation
equation (A. Mielke).
16. Parabolic equations:
asymptotic behavior and dynamics on invariant manifolds (P. Poláčik).
17.Global attractors in partial differential equations (G. Raugel).
18. Stability of travelling waves (B. Sandstede).
- No. of pages: 1098
- Language: English
- Copyright: © North Holland 2002
- Published: February 21, 2002
- Imprint: North Holland
- eBook ISBN: 9780080532844
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444501684
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Handbook of Dynamical Systems"