Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- A Survey of Recent Results for Initial and Boundary Value Problems Singular in the Dependent Variable (R. Agarwal, D. O'Regan).
2. The Lower and Upper Solutions Method for Boundary Value Problems (C. De Coster, P. Habets).
3. Half-Linear Differential Equations (O. Doysl'y).
4. Radial Solutions of Quasilinear Elliptic Differential Equations (J. Jacobsen and K. Schmitt).
5. Integrability of Polynomial Differential Systems (J. Llibre).
6. Global Results for the Forced Pendulum Equation (J. Mawhin).
7. Wazewski Method and Conley Index (R. Srzednicki).
The book contains seven survey papers about ordinary differential equations.
The common feature of all papers consists in the fact that nonlinear equations are focused on. This reflects the situation in modern mathematical modelling - nonlinear mathematical models are more realistic and describe the real world problems more accurately. The implications are that new methods and approaches have to be looked for, developed and adopted in order to understand and solve nonlinear ordinary differential equations.
The purpose of this volume is to inform the mathematical community and also other scientists interested in and using the mathematical apparatus of ordinary differential equations, about some of these methods and possible applications.
Mathematicians, researchers, (post-) graduate students
- No. of pages:
- © North Holland 2004
- 1st August 2004
- North Holland
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
University of Granada, Granada, Spain.
University of West Bohemia, Pilsen, Czech Republic.
University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.