Handbook of Conveying and Handling of Particulate Solids
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
This handbook presents comprehensive coverage of the technology for conveying and handling particulate solids. Each chapter covers a different topic and contains both fundamentals and applications. Usually, each chapter, or a topic within a chapter, starts with one of the review papers. Chapter 1 covers the characterization of the particulate materials. Chapter 2 covers the behaviour of particulate materials during storage, and presents recent developments in storage and feeders design and performance. Chapter 3 presents fundamental studies of particulate flow, while Chapters 4 and 5 present transport solutions, and the pitfalls of pneumatic, slurry, and capsule conveying. Chapters 6, 7 and 8 cover both the fundamentals and development of processes for particulate solids, starting from fluidisation and drying, segregation and mixing, and size-reduction and enlargement. Chapter 9 presents environmental aspects and the classification of the particulate materials after they have been handled by one of the above-mentioned processes. Finally, Chapter 10 covers applications and developments of measurement techniques that are the heart of the analysis of any conveying or handling system.
For engineers, researchers and students within chemical, pharmaceutical, food and mining industries.
Table of Contents
- Chapter headings. Selected Papers. Preface. Characterization. Solids flowability measurement and interpretation in industry (T.A. Bell). Characterization of powder flow behavior with the flexible wall biaxial tester (R.J.M. Janssen, B. Scarlett). Particle adhesion and powder flow behaviour (J. Tomas). Analysis and application of powder compaction diagrams (P. Mort). Storage And Mechanical Conveyers. Flow properties of bulk solids and their use in solving industrial problems (J. Schwedes). Stress condition of sliding bulk solid on silo wall (T. Yahiro). Recent developments in belt conveying - bulk solid and conveyor belt interactions (A.W. Roberts). Fundamental of Particulate Flow. Using a kinetic theory approach incorporating interaction with the air to model granular flow down a chute (Y.H. Zhang, J.M. Reese). Implementation of 3D frictional contact condition (M. Klisinski, E. Postek). Pneumatic Conveying. Pneumatic conveying: transport solutions, pitfalls and measurements (G.E. Klinzing). Operating limits of low-velocity pneumatic conveying (J. Yi, P.W. Wypych). Two-layer model for non-suspension gas-solids flow of fine powders in pipes (D.J. Mason, A. Levy). The use of high pressure blow tanks for the pneumatic conveying of pelletised materials (D. Mills). The design of pipeline systems for transporting ice into deep mines (T. J. Sheer et al.). Slurry & Capsule Conveying. Rheopogical characterization of industrial minerals slurries (A. de Pretis et al.). Slurry and tip clearance effects on the performance of an open impeller centrifugal pump (T. Engin et al). Drag reduction in hydraulic capsule pipeline (T.R. Marrero, G.S. Kuhlman). Fluidization and Drying. DEM simulation of industrial issues in fluidized bed reactors (M. Horio, S. Kajikawa). Drying kinetics simulation by means of artificial neural networks (E. Tomczak, W. Kaminski). Segregation and Mixing. Countering segregation (L. Bates). Segregation-free particle mixing (J. Gyenis). Bulk-solid mixing: overview (L.T. Fan). Size Reduction and Enlargement. Simulation of interaction of opposed gas-particles jets (S. Voropayev et al.). Drum granulation conditions for raw material with different particle size distributions (T. Gluba). Environmental Aspects and Classification. Dust explosion hazard considerations for materials handling plants (P.W. Wypych). Tribomechanical classifcation: a new technology for size classification of bulk powders (B. Eiderman et al.). Particle surface inspection with fourier-wavelets transform (M. Takei et al.). Application of Measurement Techniques. Sedimentation kinetics monitor (D. Kamugasha, H. Mahgerefteh). Measurement of the dynamic behaviour of bulk solids using optical flow analysis (M. Ostendorf, J. Schwedes).
- No. of pages: 870
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2001
- Published: October 22, 2001
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080533285
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444502353
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Director of Occupational Health and Safety Services, NHS Lothian, Astley Ainslie Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Handbook of Conveying and Handling of Particulate Solids"