This book introduces contamination control in a comprehensive manner. It covers the basics for the beginner, and delves in depth into the more critical issues of process engineering and circuit manufacturing for the more advanced reader. The reader will begin to see how the puzzle of contamination control comes together and to focus on the fundamentals required for excellence in modern semiconductor manufacturing.
What makes the area of contamination control unique is its ubiquitous nature, across all facets of semiconductor manufacturing. Clean room technology, well recognized as a fundamental requirement in modern day circuit manufacturing, barely scratches the surface in total contamination control. This handbook defines and describes most of the major categories in current contamination control technology.
Engineers, scientists and managers in the semiconductor and microelectronics industries concerned with preventing and controlling contamination.
- Aerosol Filtration Technology Introduction Filtration Fundamentals Filter Testing Fundamentals Filter Applications Summary References
- Instrumentation for Aerosol Measurement Introduction Size Distribution of Aerosols Particle Deposition on Surfaces Instrumentation for Aerosol Measurement Aerosol Sampling Instruments Monodisperse Aerosol Generators Performance of HEPA and ULPA Filters References Bibliography
- Clean Room Garments and Fabrics Introduction Clean Room Garment Design/Styles Clean Room Garment Construction Clean Room Fabrics Clean Room Garment Life Guidelines for Clean Room Garments Clean Room Garment Sterilization Conclusion
- Guidelines for Clean Room Management and Discipline Introduction Clean Room Criteria Personnel Disciplines Clean Room Garments Clean Room Supplies Housekeeping Maintenance Facility Start-Up Procedures Equipment Installation and Repair-Existing Facility Contamination Control Monitoring The Future References Bibliography
- Electrostatics in Clean Rooms Introduction Eliminating Static Charge Air Ionization Ion Generation Total Room Ionization Desiccator Cabinets Blow Off Guns Grounding Surface Resistivity Protective Packaging Measuring and Testing Methods Bibliography 6.
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1988
- 31st December 1988
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
"àshould be in the library of all microelectronics engineers and designers." - Microelectronics & Reliability