- Most comprehensive overview of rapidly expanding field
- Includes chapters by 24 leading psychiatric/psychological experts in these fields
- Documents and rates the research base in each area
- Offers practical clinical approaches for four common mental health concerns—depression, anxiety, ADHD, and addictions
- Areas not yet covered in professional training
- Practices commonly employed by the public (40-50% of the American public use complementary or alternative approaches)
- No previous book of this nature or scope
Table of Contents
Part I: Overview
S. Shannon, Introduction: The Emerging Paradigm.
S. Shannon, Integration and Holism.
Part II: Physical Modalities
R.P. Lee, Cranial Osteopathy.
R. D'Angelo, Aromatherapy.
J. Settle, Diet and Essential Fatty Acids.
J. Settle, Nutritional Supplements.
Part III: Mind-Body Approaches
D. Moss, Biofeedback.
K. Lowenstein, Meditation and Self-Regulatory Techniques.
J. Lake, Qigong.
B. Sultanoff, Breath Work.
Part IV: Spiritual Approaches
J.R. Bonadonna, Therapeutic Touch.
D. Benor, Spiritual Healing.
E. Leskowitz, Medical Intuition.
J. Wyker,Spiritual Psychotherapy.
Part V: Modern Innovations
W.M. Zangwill, J. Pearson, and P. Kosminsky, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
M. Fallon-Cyr and M. Fallon-Cyr, The Hakomi Method and Body-Centered Psychotherapies.
M. Schupbach, Process Work.
Part VI: Traditional Medical System
H. Cass and J. Cott, Herbal Medicine.
P. Bailey, Homeopathy.
J. Motl, Acupuncture.
J. Brooks, Ayurveda.
Part VII: Other Approaches
J.R. Graham-Pole, The Creative Arts: What Role Do They Play?
B.A. Sultanoff, The Environment.
J. Diamond, The Therapeutic Power of Music.
Part VIII: Synthesis
S. Shannon, Synthesis.
- No. of pages: 608
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2001
- Published: December 10, 2001
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080533414