Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Digital Finance and Financial Inclusion: Cryptocurrency, FinTech, InsurTech, Regulation, ChinaTech, Mobile Security, and Distributed Ledger explores recent advances in digital banking and cryptocurrency, emphasizing mobile technology and evolving uses of cryptocurrencies as financial assets.
Contributors go beyond summaries of standard models to describe new banking business models that will be sustainable and likely to dictate the future of finance. The book not only emphasizes the financial opportunities made possible by digital banking, such as financial inclusion and impact investing, but also looks at engineering theories and developments that encourage innovation. Its ability to illuminate present potential and future possibilities make it a unique contribution to the literature.
A companion Volume Two of The Handbook of Digital Banking and Financial Inclusion: ChinaTech, Mobile Security, Distributed Ledger, and Blockchain emphasizes technological developments that introduce the future of finance. Descriptions of recent innovations lay the foundations for explorations of feasible solutions for banks and startups to grow. The combination of studies on blockchain technologies and applications, regional financial inclusion movements, advances in Chinese finance, and security issues delivers a grand perspective on both changing industries and lifestyles.
Written for students and practitioners, it helps lead the way to future possibilities.
- Explains the practical consequences of both technologies and economics to readers who want to learn about subjects related to their specialties
- Encompasses alternative finance, financial inclusion, impact investing, decentralized consensus ledger and applied cryptography
- Provides the only advanced methodical summary of these subjects available today
Upper-division undergraduates, graduate students, and professionals working in financial institutions and financial technology worldwide
- Digital Finance: Hinternet, LASIC, Ant Financial and M-Pesa. David Lee & Christopher Dula
- From Ant Financial to Alibaba's Rural Taobao Strategy: How Fintech is Transforming Social Inclusion. Chong Guan, Ding Ding, David Lee, & Lee Cheng Tan
- The M-Pesa Technological Revolution for Financial Services in Kenya: A Platform for Financial Inclusion. Ndung'u Njuguna
- Financial Inclusion in the Digital Age. Anju Patwardhan
- Using Broadband to Enhance Financial Inclusion. Ignacio Mas & Paul Shulte
- Mobile Technologies and Financial Inclusion. Albert Chu
- Financial Inclusion, Digital Currency and Mobile Technology. Vrajlal Sapovadia
- The Cross Section of Crypto-Currencies as Financial Assets. Hermann Elendner, Simon Trimborn, Bobby Ong, & Ong Teik Ming Lee
- CRIX Index: Analysis of a Cryptocurrency Index for Portfolio Investment. Wolfgang Hardle, Shi Chen, Bobby Ong, & Cathy Y Chen
- Financial Intermediation in Cryptocurrency Markets – Regulation, Gaps and Bridges. Immaculate Motsi-Omoijiade
- Legal Risks of Owning Cryptocurrencies. Ernie Teo & Kelvin Low
- InsurTech and FinTech: Banking and Insurance Enablement. Choon Yan Tan, Paul Schulte, & David Lee
- Understanding Interbank Real-Time Retail Payment Systems. Roy Lai
- Real-time Inbound Marketing: A Use Case for Digital Banking. Alan Megargel, Venky Shankararaman, & Srinivas Reddy
- Regulation & Supervision in a Digital and Inclusive World. Loretta Michaels & Matt Homer
- Singapore Approach to Develop and Regulate FinTech. Sai Fan Pei
- Big Data, Smart Data and Data Technology in the Regulatory Context. Douglas Arner, Janos Barberis, & Ross Buckley
- Ambient Accountability: Shared Ledgers, Glass Banks and Radical Transparency in Financial Services. Dave Birch & Salome Parulava
- Peer to Peer Lending/Marketplace Lending and Regulatory Environment. Anju Patwardhan
- EU VAT Implications of Crowdfunding. Aleksandra Bal
- Balancing Innovation and Risks in Digital Financial Inclusion —Experiences of Ant Financial Services Group. Tao Sun
- Regulating FinTech in China: From Permissive to Balanced. Weihuan Zhou, Douglas Arner, & Ross Buckley
- Big Data Technology: Application and Cases. DaWei Lui
- Trust Management in Mobile Platform. Zheng Yan, Yanxiao Cheng, Ping Yan, & Robert H Deng
- Security Issues in In-Store Mobile Payment. Yingjiu Li, Xingjiu Yu, & Mon Kywe Su
- Blockchain – From Experimentation to Production. David Lee & Roy Lai
- Blockchain 101: An Introduction to the Future. Jeff Garzick & Jacob Donnelley
- Betting Blockchain Will Change Everything - SEC and CFTC Regulation of Blockchain Technology. Richard Levin, Peter Waltz, & Holly LaCount
- Global Financial Institutions 2.0. Alyse Killeen & Rosanna Chan
- Public Blockchains and Operation Risk. Angela Walch
- Blockchain Architectures for Electronic Exchange Reporting Requirements: EMIR, Dodd Frank, MiFID I/II, MiFIR, REMIT, Reg NMS and T2S. Gareth W. Peters & Guy R Vishnia
- Financial Inclusion and Mobile Technology. Paul Shulte
- Financial Inclusion in South East Asia. Kok Fai Phoon, Francis Koh, & Duy Ha Cao
- From the Ground Up: The Financial Inclusion Frontier. Griffin Hotchkiss & David Lee
- FinTech, Financial Inclusion and Micro Finance Institutions: A Case Study. Adrian Yeow, David Lee, Roland Tan, & Michelle Chia
- FinTech: Harnessing Innovation for Financial Inclusion. Anne-Laure Mention & Dimitrios Salampasis
- Inclusive Growth as Democratizing Productivity. Yuwa Hedrick-Wong
- Decentralised Trust: A Path to Financial Inclusion. Andreas Freund
- Inclusion or Exclusion? Trends in Robo-Advisory for Financial Investment Services. Ernie Teo & Roland Schwinn
- Autonomous Finance. Andras Kristoff
- How 3D Printing will Change the Future. Yabhijit Patwardhan
Digital Banking and Insurance
Inclusion and Innovation
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 29th September 2017
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Prof David LEE Kuo Chuen, founder of several companies including California based Left Coast and Singapore’s Ferrell Group. He is a non-executive director of two listed companies. He is the founding investor in ZCash, Qtum and a few other blockchain companies. He is an advisor to Financial Inclusion Institute, and was the Director of the Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics at Singapore Management University. He graduated with BSc, MSc and PhD from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He was the Group Managing Director of OUE and Auric Pacific. He founded and managed one of the most successful hedge funds in 1998 for property investment in Asia with several commercial buildings and more than 100 units of residential units. He founded Premium Land and was the property developer for Ferrell Residences, a high-end 24th story residential building in 2006. His operation and managing experience includes F&B, manufacturing, hospitality, hedge funds, stockbrokering, property management, property development, REITs, medical plastic components, listing and de-listing of companies, start-ups and multinationals. He is the editor and an author of the American Library Association Outstanding Award Reference Book titled “Digital Currency” by Elsevier and the LASIC model for scalable technology companies. He has been nominated by Internal Consulting Group as a Global Thought Leader for Fintech and Blockchain.
Visiting Fulbright Scholar (2015) at Stanford University and Professor for Fintech and Blockchain, SUSS
Robert Deng is AXA Chair Professor of Cybersecurity, Director of the Secure Mobile Centre, and Dean of Postgraduate Research Programmes, Singapore Management University (SMU). His research interests are in the areas of data security and privacy, cloud security and Internet of Things security. He received the Outstanding University Researcher Award from National University of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew Fellowship for Research Excellence from SMU, and Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements Community Service Star from International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium. He has 26 patents and has published more than 300 papers on cybersecurity. His professional contributions include an extensive list of positions in several industry and public services advisory boards, editorial boards and conference committees. These include the editorial boards of IEEE Security & Privacy Magazine, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, Journal of Computer Science and Technology, and Steering Committee Chair of the ACM Asia Conference on Computer and Communications Security. He is an IEEE Fellow.
Singapore Management University, Singapore
"David Lee and Robert Deng's contribution to the use of technology to help further financial inclusion is pivotal. If our industry is to recapture the trust of the investing public we need to float all boats in society. Technology, as David and Robert so ably demonstrate, is a wonderful tool for doing so." --Paul Smith, President and CEO, CFA Institute
"The hallmarks for any sustainable disruption to the status-quo are greater efficiency and lower costs; the nose of blockchain is now in the financial services tent, and David Lee provides a very timely and relevant tour through this space." --William J. Kelly, CEO, Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst ("CAIA") Association
"Digital technology is disruptive and is affecting all sectors of our economy, creating opportunities and challenges everywhere. This handbook offers a guide to understanding how digital technologies and the Internet are changing virtually all aspects of the financial services sector, both today and tomorrow. It will be of interest to students, scholars, and practioners in the field as well as to policy-makers and regulators." --Arthur Cordell, Carleton University
"This is a timely contribution that clarifies several issues in fintech and provide regional analyses that help us to understand where this technology is going in different economic and social contexts." --Roberto Ricciuti, University of Verona
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.