Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Biofuels looks at the many new developments in various type of bioenergy, along with the significant constraints in their production and/or applications. Beyond introducing current approaches and possible future directions of research, this title covers sources and processing of raw materials to downstream processing, constraints involved and research approaches to address and overcome these needs. Different combinations of products from the biorefinery are included, along with the material to answer questions surrounding the optimum process conditions for conversion of different feedstocks to bioenergy, the basis for choosing conversion technology, and what bioenergy products make economic sense.
With chapters on the techno-economic analysis of biofuel production and concepts and step-by-step approaches in bioenergy processing, the objective of this book is to present a comprehensive and all-encompassing reference about bioenergy to students, teachers, researchers and professionals.
- Reviews all existing and emerging technologies surrounding the production of advanced biofuels, including biodiesel and bioethanol
- Includes biofuel applications with compatible global application case studies
- Offers new pathways for converting biomass
Academics, students and researchers in Biotechnology and Bioenergy
1. Biofuel in circular/green economy
2. Techno-economic analysis of Biofuel production: Concept, steps and tools
3. Plants: sustainable platform for varied products
4. Microbiology of sustainable biofuel production
5. Biofuels: Policy and trade and employment opportunity
B. Bioenergy: Sources and their processing
6. Terrestrial, marine and municipal
7. Energy plants: Potential natural and future designer plants
8. Decongestion of lignocellulosics: Critical assessment of physico-chemical approaches
9. Decongestion of Lignocellulosics: Potential biological approaches
10. Tapping waste water: Why and how?
C. Bioethanol: 2G and 3G
11. Biorefinery involving terrestrial and marine cellulosics: Concept, potential and current status
12. Lignin: value addition is key to profitable biomass biorefinery
13. Downstream process: Towards cost/energy effectiveness
14. Process integration: Hurdles and approaches to overcome
15. Integration of 2G/3G bioethanol with current petroleum refinery
16. Community level 2G bioethanol plant: A case study
D. Biobutanol: A forgotten candidate
17. Features, production hurdles and future directions
E. Biodiesel: Potential sources and prospect
18. Algal biodiesel: Technologies, hurdles and future direction
19. Vegetable oil-turn-biodiesel: Technologies, cost analysis and future prospect
20. Microbial biodiesel: Current status and prospect
21. Farm level biodiesel plant: A case study
F. Biohydrogen: The cleanest candidate
22. Biological routes of Hydrogen production: Critical assessment
23. Thermochemical routes applying biomass: Critical assessment
24. Splitting of water: Biological and non-biological approaches
25. Bio-production technology: Towards improving efficiency
26. Biohydrogen: Potential applications, hurdles and approaches to overcome
27. Biogas: Usefulness, existing technology and major hurdles
28. Biogas: Advancing process and reactor design
29. Biogas: Microbiological research to enhance efficiency and regulation
30. Community level Biogas plant: a case study
31. Biofuel cell: Existing formats, production level, constraints and potential uses
32. Enzymatic and microbial biofuel cells: Current development and future direction
33. Biomass based electrification
J. New directions
34. Nanotechnology-intervention in bioenergy
35. Carbon dioxide capture for biofuel production
36. Solar intervention in bioenergy
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 5th February 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Prof. Sanjay Sahay, Professor and Head, Department Of Botany, Government Postgraduate College. Dr Sahay obtained his PhD degree in fungal genetics from Patna University, and has post-doctoral research experience in yeast molecular biology from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Currently, he is working as Professor and head, Department of Botany, Government Postgraduate College, Biaora, India. His main research interest is 2G Bioethanol, cold-active enzymes and psychrophilic fungi. He has 26 years of teaching experience, guided 18 PhD students in Botany and Biotechnology, published more than 30 papers in peer reviewed journals, contributed 3 book chapters and submitted two patent applications in 2G bioethanol. He has been selected as Biotechnology National Associate by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and Research Awardee by University Grants Commission, India
Professor and Head, Department of Botany, Government Postgraduate College
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.