This book is a primer of medical diagnosis for use by undergraduate medical students to facilitate their smooth entry into the medical wards through to their final year, internship and housemanship. It is equally useful for general medical practitioners to solve their day-to-day clinical problems.
- Topics discussed under simple headings such as fever, headache, etc.
- Boxes highlights the disease conditions under discussion
- Point-by-point discussion of all common diseases---brief to the point
- Easy-to-read and easy-to-revise
- Designed to act as a bridge between the patient and a textbook of medicine
2. How to Use this Book
3. The Art of Diagnosis
6. Cough and Expectoration
9. Chest Pain
10. Murmurs in the Heart
12. Blood Pressure
13. Oedema and Ascites
14. Abdominal Pain
17. Diarrhoea and Vomiting
18. Bleeding from Upper Gastrointestinal Tract
19. Bleeding from Lower Gastrointestinal Tract
20. Enlarged Lymph Glands
21. Enlargement of Liver and Spleen
24. Some Common Neurological Conditions
28. Syncope and the Fainting Fit
29. The Unconscious Patient
30. Muscle and Joint Pains
31. Common Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders
32. Suppression of Urine
33. Bleeding from the Urinary Tract
34. Pain and Discolouration of the Extremities
35. Abnormal Bleeding
36. Gain in Weight
37. Loss of Weight
38. Impotence and Sterility
40. Abdominal Lumps
41. Subcutaneous Nodules
42. Common Skin Conditions
43. Psychiatric Symptoms in Medical Practice
44. Poisoning and Overdose of Drugs
45. Approach to the Problems of the Aged
46. Normal Values of Common Laboratory Investigations
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2009
- 15th September 2009
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.