- Covers the latest developments in advanced dielectric, piezoelectric and ferroelectric materials
- Includes topics such as high strain high performance piezo and ferroelectric single crystals
- Discusses novel processing and new materials, and novel properties of ferroelectrics and related materials
Table of Contents
- Part 1 High strain high performance piezo- and ferroelectric single crystals: Bridgman growth and properties of PMN-PT single crystals; Flux growth and characterization of PZN-PT and PMN-PT single crystals; Recent developments and applications of Piezo crystals; Piezoelectric single crystals for medical ultrasonic transducers; High performance, high-TC piezoelectric crystals; Development of high performance piezoelectric single crystals by using solid-state single crystal growth (SSCG) method; Piezo- and ferroelectric (1-x)Pb(Sc1/2Nb1/2)O3?xPbTiO3 solid solution system; High-curie temperatures piezoelectric single crystal of the Pb(In1/2Nb1/2)O3-Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-PbTiO3 ternary materials system. Part 2 Field-induced effects and domain engineering: Full set material properties and domain engineering principles of ferroelectric single crystals; Domain wall engineering in piezoelectric crystals with engineered domain configuration; Enhancement of piezoelectric properties in perovskite crystals by thermally, compositionally, electric field and stress induced instabilities; Electric-field-induced domain structures and phase transitions in PMN-PT single crystals; Energy analysis of field induced phase transitions in relaxor-based piezo- and ferroelectric crystals. Part 3 Morphotropic phase boundary and related phenomena: From the structure of relaxor to the structure of MPB systems; Size effects on the macroscopic properties of the relaxor-ferroelectric Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3-PbTiO3 solid solution. Part 4 High power piezoelectric and microwave dielectric materials: Loss mechanisms and high power piezoelectric components; Bismuth-based pyrochlore dielectric ceramics for microwave applications. Part 5 Nanoscale piezo- and ferroelectrics: Ferroelectric nanostructures for device applications; Domains in ferroelectric nanostructures from first principles; Nanosized ferroelectric crystals; Nano- and micro-domain engineering in normal and relaxor ferroelectrics; Interface control in 3D ferroelectric nano-composites. Part 6 Piezo- and ferroelectric films: Single crystalline PZT Films and the impact of extended structural defects on the ferroelectric properties; Piezoelectric thick films for MEMS application; Symmetry engineering in ferroelectric thin films. Part 7 Novel processing and new materials: Processing of textured piezoelectric and dielectric perovskite-structured ceramics by reactive-templated grain growth method; Grain orientation and electrical properties of bismuth layer-structured ferroelectrics; Novel solution routes to ferroelectrics and relaxors; Room temperature preparation of KNbO3 nanoparticles and thin film from a perovskite nanosheet; Lead-free relaxors. Part 8 Novel properties of ferroelectrics and related materials: Novel physical effects in dielectric superlattices and their applications; Dielectric and optical properties of perovskite artificial superlattices; Crystal structure and defect control in Bi4Ti3O12-based layered ferroelectric single crystals.
- No. of pages: 1096
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2008
- Published: March 20, 2008
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845694005
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781845691868
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Handbook of Advanced Dielectric, Piezoelectric and Ferroelectric Materials"