Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Advanced Approaches towards Pollution Prevention and Control, Volume One: Conventional and Innovative Technology, and Assessment Techniques for Pollution Prevention and Control condenses all relevant information on pollution prevention and control in a single source. This handbook (Volume One of Two) covers the principles of pollution prevention and control technologies, recent advances in pollution prevention, control technologies and their sustainability, modernization in pollution prevention, and control technologies for future and next generation pollution prevention. This book is an indispensable resource for researchers and academic staff in chemical and process engineering, safety engineering, environmental engineering, biotechnology and materials engineering.
- Provides in-depth information on the principles and advances in pollution prevention and control practices
- Discusses emerging technologies and processes for advanced pollution prevention and control
- Presents developments on the use of the assessment models as tools to support the research and applications of different technologies and processes
- Provides history, fundamentals, state-of-the-art, and future trends
- Edited by expert team of world-class editors
Researchers and academic staff in chemical and process engineering, safety engineering, environmental engineering, biotechnology, and materials engineering, specifically working on adsorption of pollutants, control of radioactive wastes, nanotechnological applications in addressing environmental problems. This book can be used in specialized courses (undergraduate and postgraduate), and to support post doctoral research and R&D in the industrial sector
1. Wastewater treatment technologies
2. Advanced oxidation processes, non-conventional environmental engineering techniques and environmental sustainability
3. Endocrine disrupting chemicals removal by carbon nanocomposites
4. Synthesis and characteristics of carbon-doped nanomaterials for dyes removal
5. Applications of catalyzed redox processes in water remediation
6. Waste management using Plasma based treatment
7. Pyrolytic methods of municipal solid waste conversion in bio-fuel
8. Food waste Management
9. Potential of turning rice straw into paper in Tanzania: a mechanism for reducing air pollution
10. Soil remediation technologies
11. Management of technologically enhanced naturally occurring radioactive materials
12. Nano-waste: environmental and human health risk
13. Introduction to polychlorinated biphenyls (pcbs) environmental pollution and its impact on the sustainability of life
14. Arsenic pollution and human health issues - special reference to the Bengal Delta
15. Utilization of microsensors for air quality monitoring system
16. Mitigation hierarchy: an effectiveness of project control mechanism
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 29th January 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Rehab O Abdel Rahman is a Professor of Chemical Nuclear Engineering at Hot Laboratories for the Atomic Energy Authority in Cairo, Egypt. Her widely published research focuses on radioactive waste management and decontamination. She supervises post graduate students, teaches undergraduate courses, and supports training activities within AEAE, serves as a member in international scientific committees. She is a managing editor for two international journals, editor of several books, and frequent contributor on the topic of hazardous waste management.
Professor of Chemical Nuclear Engineering, Hot Laboratories & Waste Management, Atomic Energy Authority (AEAE), Cairo, Egypt.
Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain, PhD is an Adjunct Professor and Director of Labs in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Sciences at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, New Jersey, USA. His research is focused on the applications of Nanotechnology & Advanced Technologies & Materials, Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Management, and Various Industries. Dr. Hussain is the author of numerous papers in peer-reviewed journals as well as prolific author and editor of several (around 50 Books) scientific monographs and handbooks in his research areas published with Elsevier, Royal Society of Chemistry, John Wiley & sons, CRC, Springer etc.
Adjunct Professor and Director of Labs, Department of Chemistry and Environmental Science, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, NJ, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.