- Coverage of all APRN core competencies defines and describes all competencies, including direct clinical practice, guidance and coaching, consultation, evidence-based practice, leadership, collaboration, and ethical decision-making.
- Operationalizes and applies the APRN core competencies to the major APRN specialties including the Clinical Nurse Specialist, the Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, the Certified Nurse-Midwife, and the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
- Content on managing APRN environments addresses such factors as business planning and reimbursement; marketing, negotiating, and contracting; regulatory, legal, and credentialing requirements; health policy; and nursing outcomes and performance improvement research.
- UNIQUE! Exemplar boxes (case studies), including Day in the Life vignettes of each APRN specialty, emphasize innovative practices and coverage of advanced practice roles.
- In-depth discussions of educational strategies for APRN competency development show how nurses develop competencies as they progress into advanced practice.
Table of Contents
Part I: Historical and Developmental Aspects of Advanced Practice Nursing
1. Highlights from the History of Advanced Practice Nursing in the United States
2. Conceptualizations of Advanced Practice Nursing
3. A Definition of Advanced Practice Nursing
4. Role Development of the Advanced Practice Nurse
5. Evolving and Innovative Opportunities for Advanced Practice Nursing
6. International Development of Advanced Practice Nursing NEW more global focus
Part II: Competencies of Advanced Practice Nursing
7. Direct Clinical Practice
8. Coaching and Guidance
10. Evidence-Based Practice and Research
12. Collaboration NEW emphasis on interprofessional collaborative practice
13. Ethical Decision Making
Part III: Advanced Practice Roles: The Operational Definitions of Advanced Practice Nursing
14. The Clinical Nurse Specialist
15. The Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
16. The Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
17. The Certified Nurse-Midwife
18. The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Part IV: Critical Elements in Managing Advanced Nursing Practice Environments
19. Business Planning and Reimbursement Mechanisms
20. Marketing and Negotiation
21. Understanding Regulatory, Legal, and Credentialing Requirements
22. Health Policy Issues in Changing Environments
23. An Integrative Review of APRN Outcomes and Performance Improvement
24. Using Outcomes and Performance Improvement Data to Evaluate and Improve Practice
- No. of pages: 696
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Saunders 2018
- Published: December 27, 2016
- Imprint: Saunders
- eBook ISBN: 9780323447706
- Paperback ISBN: 9780323447751
About the Authors
Mary Fran Tracy
Affiliations and Expertise
Eileen T. O'Grady
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Hamric and Hanson's Advanced Practice Nursing"