Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Basic Theory. 2 Methods of Oscillation Theory. 3 Oscillation and Nonoscillation Criteria. 4 Nonoscillatory Solutions. 5 Various Oscillation Problems. 6 BVP's for Half-Linear Differential Equations. 7 Partial Differential Equations with p-Laplacian. 8 Half-Linear Difference Equations. 9 Related Differential Equations and Inequalities. Bibliography. Index. Author Index
The book presents a systematic and compact treatment of the qualitative theory of half-linear differential equations. It contains the most updated and comprehensive material and represents the first attempt to present the results of the rapidly developing theory of half-linear differential equations in a unified form. The main topics covered by the book are oscillation and asymptotic theory and the theory of boundary value problems associated with half-linear equations, but the book also contains a treatment of related topics like PDE’s with p-Laplacian, half-linear difference equations and various more general nonlinear differential equations.
- The first complete treatment of the qualitative theory of half-linear differential equations.
- Comparison of linear and half-linear theory.
- Systematic approach to half-linear oscillation and asymptotic theory.
- Comprehensive bibliography and index.
- Useful as a reference book in the topic.
University libraries worthwide, individuals interested in the topics.
- No. of pages:
- © North Holland 2005
- 6th July 2005
- North Holland
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"The book is not only a unified presentation and collection of published papers scattered in many journals, but also a clearly written comprehensive text which includes new results, as well as new proofs of existing results." -ZENTRALBLATT MATH
Department of Mathematics, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Mathematical Institute, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Brno, Czech Republic
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.