- Basic Theory. 2 Methods of Oscillation Theory. 3 Oscillation and Nonoscillation Criteria. 4 Nonoscillatory Solutions. 5 Various Oscillation Problems. 6 BVP's for Half-Linear Differential Equations. 7 Partial Differential Equations with p-Laplacian. 8 Half-Linear Difference Equations. 9 Related Differential Equations and Inequalities. Bibliography. Index. Author Index
The book presents a systematic and compact treatment of the qualitative theory of half-linear differential equations. It contains the most updated and comprehensive material and represents the first attempt to present the results of the rapidly developing theory of half-linear differential equations in a unified form. The main topics covered by the book are oscillation and asymptotic theory and the theory of boundary value problems associated with half-linear equations, but the book also contains a treatment of related topics like PDE’s with p-Laplacian, half-linear difference equations and various more general nonlinear differential equations.
- The first complete treatment of the qualitative theory of half-linear differential equations.
- Comparison of linear and half-linear theory.
- Systematic approach to half-linear oscillation and asymptotic theory.
- Comprehensive bibliography and index.
- Useful as a reference book in the topic.
University libraries worthwide, individuals interested in the topics.
- No. of pages:
- © North Holland 2005
- 6th July 2005
- North Holland
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
"The book is not only a unified presentation and collection of published papers scattered in many journals, but also a clearly written comprehensive text which includes new results, as well as new proofs of existing results." -ZENTRALBLATT MATH
Department of Mathematics, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Mathematical Institute, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Brno, Czech Republic