1. The Normal Pelvis on Ultrasound imaging and Anatomical Correlations
2. PITFALLS IN GYNECOLOGIC ULTRASOUND
3. CT - Normal anatomy, Imaging techniques and pitfalls
4. CT - Dose reduction Techniques in MDCT Body Imaging
5. Common protocols
6. New techniques, diffusion
7. Hysterosalpingography: Techniques, Normal Anatomy, and Pitfalls
8. Approach to Pelvic Pain and the Role of Imaging
10. Acute Pelvic Pain: An Overview
11. Chronic Pelvic Pain
12. Pelvic Pain: Lower Urinary Tract - Urethral Diverticulum, Cysts, Varix
13. Benign Endometrial Causes of Abnormal Bleeding
15. Uterine Leiomyomas
17. Tubal abnormalities
18. Mullerian uterine anomalies
19. The Ovary and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
20. THE IMAGING OF CONTRACEPTION
21. Ultrasound of the Normal and Failed First Trimester Pregnancy
22. Ectopic Pregnancy
23. Retained products of conception
24. Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia
25. Postpartum-retained placenta, post C-section, etc.
26. Vaginal fistulas
27. Pelvic prolapsed
28. Approach to Imaging the adnexal mass
29. Benign ovarian masses
30. Malignant ovarian masses
31. Use of PET imaging in gynecologic cancers
32. Uterine cancers
33. Cervical cancer
34. Ovarian cancer/fallopian tube cancer
35. Carcinoma of the Vagina and Vulva
36. Gynecologic imaging of the pediatric patient
37. Drainage and Biopsy Procedures
38. Focused Ultrasound Ablation of Uterine Leiomyomas
40. Fallopian tube catheterization
41. Ultrasound Guided Treatment of ectopic pregnancy
Gynecologic Imaging, a title in the Expert Radiology Series, by Drs. Julia R. Fielding, Douglas Brown, and Amy Thurmond, provides the advanced insights you need to make the most effective use of the latest gynecologic imaging approaches and to accurately interpret the findings for even your toughest cases. Its evidence-based, guideline-driven approach thoroughly covers normal and variant anatomy, pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, infertility, first-trimester pregnancy complications, post-partum complications, characterization of the adnexal mass, gynecologic cancer, and many other critical topics. Combining an image-rich, easy-to-use format with the greater depth that experienced practitioners need, it provides richly illustrated, advanced guidance to help you overcome the full range of diagnostic, therapeutic, and interventional challenges in gynecologic imaging. Online access at www.expertconsult.com allows you to rapidly search for images and quickly locate the answers to any questions.
- Get all you need to know about the latest advancements and topics in gynecologic imaging, including normal and variant anatomy, pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, infertility, first-trimester pregnancy complications, post-partum complications, characterization of the adnexal mass, and gynecologic cancer.
- Recognize the characteristic presentation of each disease via any modality and understand the clinical implications of your findings.
- Consult with the best. Internationally respected radiologist Dr. Julia Fielding leads a team of accomplished specialists who provide you with today’s most dependable answers on every topic in gynecologic imaging.
- Identify pathology more easily with 1300 detailed images of both radiographic images and cutting-edge modalities—MR, CT, US, and interventional procedures.
- Find information quickly and easily thanks to a consistent, highly templated, and abundantly illustrated chapter format.
Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with downloadable images.
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2011
- 11th May 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Radiology; Division Chief of Abdominal Imaging Department of Radiology University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, NC; US
Professor of Radiology Department of Radiology Mayo Clinic; Rochester, MN; US
Director; Medical Women's Imaging Department Siker Medical Imaging and Intervention of Portland Portland, OR; US