This concise, user-friendly, pocket-size handbook of best practices provides expert guidance on how to use arthrocentesis and soft tissue injection to diagnose and treat the most common musculoskeletal disorders seen in primary care, including strains, sprains, overuse injuries, inflammatory and arthritic conditions, and more. A consistent organization, clear illustrations, and low cost make this a must-have for anyone who regularly sees patients with orthopedic complaints.
- Features the expertise of Dr. Bruce Carl Anderson, a world authority on orthopedic practice in primary care.
- Offers proven, straightforward "how-to's" of arthrocentesis and injection procedures for the most common orthopedic problems.
- Features detailed descriptions, simple line drawings, and crisp imaging to clearly show every aspect of proper procedure.
- Presents at-a-glance differential diagnosis and confirmations tables at the beginning of each section.
- Provides comprehensive appendices, including follow-up procedures and tables for physical therapy, radiology, laboratory tests, and all other support activities.
- Uses a consistent format for easy reference.
Section I The 52 Most Common Outpatient Orthopedic Conditions
Chapter 1 Neck
Chapter 2 Shoulder
Chapter 3 Elbow
Chapter 4 Wrist
Chapter 5 Hand
Chapter 6 Chest
Chapter 7 Back
Chapter 8 Hip
Chapter 9 Knee
Chapter 10 Ankle
Chapter 11 Lower Leg
Chapter 12 Foot
1. Physical Therapy Exercises
2. Radiology and Procedures
3. Supports, Braces, and Casts
4. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
5. Injectable corticosteroids
6. Calcium supplements
7. Rheumatology and lab tests
8. Synovial fluid analysis
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2005
- 20th April 2005
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR; Director, Medical Orthopedic Department, Sunnyside Medical Center, Portland, OR
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.