Offering a comprehensive look at physical therapy science and practice, Guccione’s Geriatric Physical Therapy, 4th Edition is a perfect resource for both students and practitioners alike. Year after year, this text is recommended as the primary preparatory resource for the Geriatric Physical Therapy Specialization exam. And this new fourth edition only gets better. Content is thoroughly revised to keep you up to date on the latest geriatric physical therapy protocols and conditions. Five new chapters are added to this edition to help you learn how to better manage common orthopedic, cardiopulmonary, and neurologic conditions; become familiar with functional outcomes and assessments; and better understand the psychosocial aspects of aging. In all, you can rely on Guccione’s Geriatric Physical Therapy to help you effectively care for today’s aging patient population.
- Comprehensive coverage of geriatric physical therapy prepares students and clinicians to provide thoughtful, evidence-based care for aging patients.
- Combination of foundational knowledge and clinically relevant information provides a meaningful background in how to effectively manage geriatric disorders
- Updated information reflects the most recent and relevant information on the Geriatric Clinical Specialty Exam.
- Standard APTA terminology prepares students for terms they will hear in practice.
- Expert authorship ensures all information is authoritative, current, and clinically accurate.
- Geriatric Physical Therapy in the 21st Century: Overarching Principles and Approaches to Practice
2. Aging Demographics and Trends
3. Age-related Physiological Changes: An Overview
4. Psychosocial Aspects of Aging
5. Environmental Design: Accommodating Sensory Changes and Mobility Limitations in the Older Adult
6. Geriatric Pharmacology
7. Functional Outcomes and Assessment for Older Adults
8. Exercise and Physical Activity for Older Adults
9. Age-related Changes in Gait and Mobility
10. Balance and Falls in Older Adults
11. Patient Education: Implications for Physical Therapist Practice
12. Caregiving of the Older Adult
13. The Older Adult who is Frail
14. Management of the Acutely Ill Older Patient
15. Impaired Joint Mobility in Older Adults
16. Impaired Muscle Performance in Older Adults
17. Impaired Motor Control and Neurologic Rehabilitation in Older Adults
18. Aerobic Capacity and the Management of the Patient with Cardiopulmonary and Pulmonary Limitations
19. Cognitive Issues in the Older Adult
20. Management of Post-surgical Orthopedic Conditions in the Older Adult
21. Management of Integumentary Conditions in the Older Adult
22. Management of the Pelvic Floor in Older Men and Women
23. Wellness for the Older Adult
24. Acute Care Management of the Older Adult
25. Post-Acute Care Management of the Older Adult
26. Home Health Management of the Older Adult
27. Hospice and End of Life
28. Senior Athlete
29. Health Policy for Physical Therapists and Older Adults
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2019
- 24th October 2019
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor, Department of Physical Therapy Education, College of Health Professions, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York
Professor, Associate Provost, Research and Graduate Education, Marymount University, Arlington, Virginia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.