Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Chapter one: New Insights into Signaling During Myelination in Zebrafish
2. Schwann Cell Development
Forward Genetic Screens
Reverse Genetics: Morpholinos, TILLING, and Zinc Fingers
In vivo imaging
3. Neuregulin1/ErbB Signaling
5. New Roles for Schwann Cells
7. Conclusions and Future Directions
Chapter two: Wnt Signaling
1. Overview of Wnt Signal Transduction Cascades
2. Wnt Proteins: Different Branches of Signaling
3. Regulation of Wnt Signaling Above the Receptor Level
4. Regulation of Wnt Signaling Pathways at the Receptor Level
5. Conclusions and Perspective
Chapter three: Notch-Independent Functions of CSL
2. CSL as a Repressor
3. CSL as a Notch-Independent Transcriptional Activator
4. Role of cis-Regulatory Modules in Determining Target Gene Transcription
5. Role of Competition Between CSL-Containing Complexes—Is CSL a Limiting Factor?
6. Concluding Remarks
Chapter four: Sonic Hedgehog Signaling in the Developing CNS
1. Prologue: Identification of Shh
2. Setting the Stage: Shh Signaling During Nervous System Regionalization
3. I Am Dying to Hear from You: The Range of Shh Signaling in the CNS
4. Character Creation: Production and Secretion of Shh Protein
5. Won't You Take My Hand: Shh-Binding Proteins and Diffusion
6. Character Development: Transduction of Shh Signal in Receiving Cells
7. Cutting in on the Dance: The Interplay Between Ptc and Smo
8. Taking It to the Extreme: The Central Role of the Primary Cilium in Shh Signaling
9. Stepping into the Dark: How Does Smo Control Gli Phosphorylation?
10. Are You Going to Use That Thing? Smo as a G-Protein-Coupled Receptor
11. Being in the Right Place at the Right Time: Shh–Gli Signaling and Patterning in the Ventral Neural Tube
12. Walking Down the Runway: A Model for Shh–Gli Control of Early Progenitor Patterning
13. What’s It Gonna Be, Boy? GliA Versus GliR-Regulated Genes
14. New Game: Distinct Mechanisms for GliA-and GliR-Mediated Transcription
15. Summary and Further Questions
Chapter five: Activity-Mediated Synapse Formation
2. Wnts and Their Receptors
3. The Role of Wnt Signaling in Synapse Formation
4. Role of Neuronal Activity in Wnt-Mediated Dendrite Morphogenesis
5. Role of Neuronal Activity in Wnt-Mediated Synapse Formation
6. Concluding Remarks
Chapter six: Signaling Pathways and Axis Formation in the Lower Metazoa
2. Animal Relationships and the Origin of the Basal Metazoa
3. Wnt Signaling
4. TGF-β and BMP Signaling
5. Negative Regulators of BMP and Wnt Signaling
6. Axis Formation and Regeneration in Basal Metazoans
7. Conclusions and Outlook
Chapter seven: FGF and ROR2 Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Signaling in Human Skeletal Development
2. FGF Signaling: Craniosynostosis, Digit Abnormalities, and Short Stature
3. The Atypical Receptor TK ROR2 and WNT Signaling
Contents of previous volume
This new volume of the renowned serial Current Topics in Developmental Biology covers the important features of growth factors in development. With an international board of authors, this volume will be invaluable for researchers in cell, developmental and molecular biology.
- Provides researchers an overview and synthesis of the latest research findings and contemporary thought in the area
- This volume provides an up-to-date and timely perspective
Researchers in cell, developmental, and molecular biology; genetics
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2011
- 7th November 2011
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.