Table of Contents
- 1.Squares and circles * 2.Functions and permutations * 3.Linear transformations and matrices * 4.The group axiom * 5.Subgroups 1 * 6.Group actions * 7.Relations and modular arithmetic * 8.Homomorphisms and isomorphisms * 9.Subgroups 2 * 10.Co-sets and Lagrange's theorem * 11.Orbit-stabilizer theorem and applications * 12.Finding subgroups * 13.Groups of small order * 14.Conjugacy * 15.Faithful actions * 16.Factor groups * 17.Conclusions * Suggestions for further projects * Further reading.
- No. of pages: 224
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 1994
- Published: July 1, 1994
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- Paperback ISBN: 9780340610459
- eBook ISBN: 9780080571652
About the Authors
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Groups - Modular Mathematics Series"