Obtain the best outcomes from the latest techniques with help from a "who's who" of pediatric orthopaedic trauma experts! Considered as the "go-to" reference for orthopaedic trauma surgeons and pediatric orthopaedic trauma surgeons, Green’s Skeletal Trauma in Children presents practical, focused guidance on managing traumatic musculoskeletal injuries in children and adolescents. It emphasizes the unique aspects of children's fractures in terms of epidemiology, mechanisms, management, and the challenges of treating the skeletally immature patient. State-of-the-art coverage includes crucial chapters on skeletal trauma related to child abuse, anesthesia and analgesia, management of children’s fractures, and outcome measures and rehabilitation.
- Confidently approach every form of pediatric musculoskeletal trauma with complete, absolutely current coverage of relevant anatomy and biomechanics, mechanisms of injury, diagnostic approaches, treatment options and associated complications.
- Know what to look for and how to proceed with the aid of over 800 high-quality line drawings, diagnostic images, and full-color clinical photos.
- Access the full text online at ExpertConsult.
1. Skeletal Growth, Development, and Healing as Related to Pediatric Trauma
2. Physeal Injuries
3. Casting Techniques
4. Pathologic Fractures in Children
5. The Multiply Injured Child
6. Fractures with Soft Tissue Injuries
7. Complications of Fractures in Children
8. Outcomes Assessment of Fractures in Children
9. Fractures and Dislocations of the Forearm, Wrist, and Hand
10. Fractures and Dislocations About the Elbow
11. Fractures and Dislocations About the Shoulder
12. Fractures of the Spine
13. Fractures and Dislocations About the Hip and Pelvis
14. Fractures of the Femoral Shaft
15. Fractures Around the Knee in Children
16. Fractures of the Tibia and Fibula
17. Fractures and Dislocations of the Foot and Ankle
18. Non-Accidental Trauma
19. Anesthesia and Analgesia for the Ambulatory Management of Children's Fractures
20. Rehabilitation of the Child with Multiple Injuries
21. Skeletal Trauma in Young Athletes
22. Nerve Injury and Repair in Children
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2015
- 16th October 2014
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Neil E Green, Professor and Vice Chairman, Vanderbilt Department of Orthopaedics, Chief, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Monroe Carell Jr Childrens’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville, Tennessee
Professor and Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota Medical School; CEO, TRIA Orthopaedic Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.