Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Green Sustainable Process for Chemical and Environmental Engineering and Science: Biosurfactants for the Bioremediation of Polluted Environments explores the use of biosurfactants in remediation initiatives, reviewing knowledge surrounding the creation and application of biosurfactants for addressing issues related to the release of toxic substances in ecosystems. Sections cover their production, assessment and optimization for bioremediation, varied pollutant degradation applications, and a range of contaminants and ecological sites. As awareness and efforts to develop greener products and processes continues to grow, biosurfactants are garnering more attention for the potential roles they can play in reducing the use and production of more toxic products.
Drawing on the knowledge of its expert team of global contributors, this book provides useful insights for all those currently or potentially interested in developing or applying biosurfactants in their own work.
- Provides an accessible introduction to biosurfactant chemistry
- Highlights the optimization, modeling, prediction and kinetics of key factors supporting biosurfactant-enhanced biodegradation processes
- Explores a wide range of biosurfactant applications for remediation and degradation of pollutants
Graduates, post-graduates and researchers across both academia and industry interested in developing and/or applying biosurfactants including, chemical engineers, green/ analytical/ environmental chemists, sustainability researchers, and environmental scientists, researchers in colloid science, surfactant science, physico-chemists, materials scientists and microbiologists
Part 1: Production, Assessment and Optimization of Biosurfactants for Bioremediation
1. Isolation, screening, and characterization of biosurfactant-producing microorganism that can biodegrade heavily polluted soil
2. Mass production of active metabolites/biosurfactants from microorganisms isolated from polluted, agricultural, or uncultured soil, and their utilization for eco-restoration of polluted soil
3. Assessing the presence of hydrocarbon-biodegrading bacteria using multiplex primers/Geochip
4. Optimization, modelling, prediction, and kinetics of key factors supporting the biodegradation process after treatment with biosurfactants
5. Environmental impact assessment of polluted soil using biosurfactants
6. Validation of eco-restored soil after treatment with biosurfactants
Part 2: Remediation and Degradation Applications
7. Bioremediation of Polythenes and Plastics using biosurfactants
8. Application of biosurfactants for treatment of effluent waste, polluted water, wastewater and sewage sludge
9. Application of biosurfactants and their combination with nanomaterials in the purification of polluted and contaminated water
10. Application of biosurfactants for biosorption in heavily contaminated soil and water
11. Eco-restoration and Nanobioremediation of polluted soil using nanomaterials synthesized from biosurfactant
12. Relevance of CRISPR Genetic Engineering for the enhancement of Xenobiotic Degradation and ecorestoration potential of heavily polluted soil
13. Application of biosurfactants as a non-invasive stimulant to enhance the degradation activities of the indigenous hydrocarbon degraders in soil
14. Biotransformation of polluted soil when treated with biosurfactants: petroleum hydrocarbons, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and pesticides
15. Application of biosurfactants in the extraction of bitumen from tar sands
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 2nd June 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Inamuddin is an assistant professor at the Department of Applied Chemistry, Zakir Husain College of Engineering and Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. He has extensive research experience in analytical chemistry, materials chemistry, electrochemistry, renewable energy, and environmental science, and his research interests include ion exchange materials, sensors for heavy metal ions, biofuel cells, supercapacitors, and bending actuators. He has worked on different research projects funded by various government agencies and universities and is the recipient of several awards for his work. He has published more than 180 research articles, 18 book chapters, and 120 edited books with multiple well-known publishers and scientific journals.
Department of Applied Chemistry, Zakir Husain College of Engineering and Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India
Dr. Charles Oluwaseun Adetunji, Director of Intellectual Properties and Technology Transfer; Chairman Committee on Research Grant and Associate Professor of Biotechnology at EUI. He won scientific awards and grants from renowned academic bodies like Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) India, The World Academy of Science (TWAS) Italy, Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NPF) Netherlands, The Agency for International Development Cooperation; Israel, Royal Academy of Engineering, UK among many others. He has filed several scientific patents, published articles and conference proceedings, been a board member of several international journals and professional including bodies. He is a keynote speaker at various Universities, research institutes which span across several continent of the globe. He has built strong working collaborations and is the Founder & CEO of BECTIK Biotechnology and Nanotechnology Company. His Biotechnology Company consist a team of leading academics in their fields and thrive to deliver solutions all around Bio & Nanotechnology.
Applied Microbiology, Biotechnology and Nanotechnology Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Edo University Iyamho, PMB 04, Auchi, Edo State, Nigeria. Nigeria
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.