Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Green Solvents for Environmental Remediation provides an in-depth overview of environmental remediation by using eutectic solvents, ionic liquids, biosolvents, and switchable solvents, of ionic-liquids, biosolvents, Gas-expanded solvents Liquid polymers, supercritical fluids, Polymer-based green solvents, Switchable solvents, etc. This book offers all-types of green solvents for the removal of contaminations from the soil, air, and water. It summarizes in-depth literature on the application of various green solvents in the areas such as municipal water, extraction, bioremediation, phytoremediation, soil and sediment remediation, toxic gases removal, and various industrial effluents. A brief introduction, limitations, and advantages to the practical use of green solvents are also discussed. This book is authored by experts in a broad range of fields. It is an invaluable reference guide for the sustainable and environmentally friendly development of synthetic methodologies for environmental, analytical, engineering, and industrial technology.
- Provides an up-to-date research record on green solvents for environmental protection
- Includes latest advances in environmental remediation
- Outlines eco-friendly green solvents for toxic contaminants degradation and purification
- Covers all-types of green solvent-driven environmental remediation technologies
- Key references to obtain great results in environmental remediation using green solvents
Post-graduates, researchers, engineers, R&D professionals, and lecturers working in environmental, biochemical engineering and chemistry. Engineers and environmental engineers in chemical, pharmaceutical, and separation industries
1. State-of-the-art of green solvents in environmental remediation
2. Basics and green solvent parameters for environmental remediation
3. Applications of ionic-liquids in environmental remediation
4. Applications of biosolvents in environmental remediation
5. Green solvents for remediation technologies
6. Green solvents for municipality water treatment
7. Green solvents for VOC remediation
8. Gas-expanded solvents for environmental remediation
9. Liquid polymers for environmental remediation
10. Applications of supercritical fluids in environmental remediation
11. Polymer-based green solvents for environmental remediation
12. Switchable solvents for environmental remediation
13. Green solvents for radionuclides extraction
14. Green fluorosolvents for environmental remediation
15. Commercial green solvents for environmental remediation
16. Green solvents for bioremediation
17. Applications of eutectic solvents in environmental remediation
18. Green solvents for phytoremediation
19. Green solvents for soil and sediment remediation
20. Green solvents for water purification
21. Applications of green solvents in toxic gases removal
22. Green solvents for industrial applications
23. Future perspectives for green solvents in environmental remediation
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st December 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Inamuddin is currently Assistant Professor in the Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and is a permanent faculty member (Assistant Professor) at the Department of Applied Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. He has extensive research experience in multidisciplinary fields of Analytical Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, and Electrochemistry and, more specifically, Renewable Energy and Environment, and has worked on multiple key research projects funded by institutional and government agencies. Dr Inamuddin has published 146 research articles in international journals of repute, eighteen book chapters, and 54 books published by renowned international publishers. He is the member of various journal’s editorial boards and serves as Associate Editor for a number of internationally renowned journals. In addition, he is also guest editing various special thematic special issues of journals for major publishing houses.
Assistant Professor, Chemistry Department, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia Assistant Professor at the Department of Applied Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India
Dr. Rajender Boddula is currently working as CAS-PIFI Fellow in the CAS Key Laboratory of Nanosystems and Hierarchical Fabrication, National Center for Nanoscience and Technology, Beijing, China. He has published many scientific articles in international peer-reviewed journals and has authored nine book chapters, and also serving as editorial board member and referee for reputed international peer-reviewed journals. His specialized areas of energy conversion and storage technologies, which include nanomaterials, graphene, polymer composites, heterogeneous catalysis, photoelectrocatalytic water splitting, biofuel cell, and supercapacitor applications
CAS Key Laboratory of Nanosystems and Hierarchical Fabrication, National Center for Nanoscience and Technology, China
Prof. Abdullah M. Asiri is the Head of the Chemistry Department at King Abdulaziz University since October 2009 and he is the founder and the Director of the Center of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research (CEAMR) since 2010 till date. He is the Professor of Organic Photochemistry. His research interest covers color chemistry, synthesis of novel photochromic and thermochromic systems, synthesis of novel coloring matters and dyeing of textiles, materials chemistry, nanochemistry and nanotechnology, polymers and plastics. A major achievement of Prof. Asiri is the discovery of tribochromic compounds, a class of compounds which change from slightly or colorless to deep colored when subjected to small pressure or when grind. This discovery was introduced to the scientific community as a new terminology published by IUPAC in 2000. This discovery was awarded a patent from European Patent office and from UK patent. He is also a member of the Editorial Board of various journals of international repute. He is the Vice- President of Saudi Chemical Society (Western Province Branch). He holds four USA patents, more than 800 Publications in international journals, seven book chapters, and ten books
Director of the Centre of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.