Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Green Sustainable Process for Chemical and Environmental Engineering and Science: Organic Synthesis in Water and Supercritical Water provides an in-depth review of purification and extraction methods for medicinal, analytical, engineering and bioactive compounds utilizing green chemistry protocols. It focuses on the synthesis of natural products and drugs, using industrial green solvents, water, supercritical water, and more. The book explores applications in organic synthesis and processing, including aqueous and non-aqueous promoted reactions. Aqueous media and supercritical water involved in organic synthesis are discussed for industrial use. Final sections cover green solvent assisted organic synthesis, such as addition, rearrangement, condensation, and more.
- Provides a broad overview of green solvents for sustainable organic synthesis
- Compares water and supercritical water as green solvents vs. conventional solvents
- Outlines eco-friendly organic synthesis and chemical processes using water/supercritical water
- Includes industrial/pharmaceutical production development using water and supercritical water as solvents
- Outlines synthetic methods for polymers, drugs etc., using water and supercritical water as solvents
Post-graduates, researchers, academics in chemistry, environment, analytics, biotechnology, and other interdisciplinary fields of science, including biochemical engineering, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and polymer science
2. Oxidation and reduction reactions in water
3. Oxidation and reduction reactions in supercritical water
4. Micelle-assisted organic synthesis in water
5. Organic synthesis in aqueous vs non-aqueous media
6. Protection and deprotection reactions in water
7. Regioselective synthesis in water
8. Stereoselective organic synthesis in water
9. Stereospecific organic synthesis in water
10. Green organic synthesis in supercritical water
11. Addition-type reactions in water
12. Condensation reactions in water
13. Alkylation reactions in water
14. Ring-opening reactions in water
15. Value-added chemical synthesis in supercritical water
16. Organometallics synthesis in supercritical water
17. Allylation reactions in water
18. Olefin methasis in water
19. Phenolic compounds synthesis in water
20. Cycloadditions and Diels-Alder reactions in water
21. Fluoroorganics in water
22. Polymer synthesis in water and supercritical water
23. Heterocyclics synthesis in water
24. Hydrogenation reactions in water
25. Cyclodextrin-assisted organic synthesis in water
26. Biological-active organic synthesis in water
27. Catalyst-free organic synthesis in water
28. Multi component organic synthesis in water
29. Grignard reactions in water
30. C-H activation reactions in water
31. Carbohydrate synthesis in supercritical water
32. C-N formation reactions in water
33. Coupling reactions in water
34. Bio-fuel production in water
35. Halide synthesis in water
36. Employing green catalysis for organic synthesis in supercritical water
37. State of the art and perspectives of aqueous organic synthesis
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 19th June 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Inamuddin is currently Assistant Professor in the Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and is a permanent faculty member (Assistant Professor) at the Department of Applied Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. He has extensive research experience in multidisciplinary fields of Analytical Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, and Electrochemistry and, more specifically, Renewable Energy and Environment, and has worked on multiple key research projects funded by institutional and government agencies. Dr Inamuddin has published 146 research articles in international journals of repute, eighteen book chapters, and 54 books published by renowned international publishers. He is the member of various journal’s editorial boards and serves as Associate Editor for a number of internationally renowned journals. In addition, he is also guest editing various special thematic special issues of journals for major publishing houses.
Assistant Professor, Chemistry Department, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia Assistant Professor at the Department of Applied Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India
Dr. Rajender Boddula is currently working as CAS-PIFI Fellow in the CAS Key Laboratory of Nanosystems and Hierarchical Fabrication, National Center for Nanoscience and Technology, Beijing, China. He has published many scientific articles in international peer-reviewed journals and has authored nine book chapters, and also serving as editorial board member and referee for reputed international peer-reviewed journals. His specialized areas of energy conversion and storage technologies, which include nanomaterials, graphene, polymer composites, heterogeneous catalysis, photoelectrocatalytic water splitting, biofuel cell, and supercapacitor applications
CAS Key Laboratory of Nanosystems and Hierarchical Fabrication, National Center for Nanoscience and Technology, China
Prof. Abdullah M. Asiri is the Head of the Chemistry Department at King Abdulaziz University since October 2009 and he is the founder and the Director of the Center of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research (CEAMR) since 2010 till date. He is the Professor of Organic Photochemistry. His research interest covers color chemistry, synthesis of novel photochromic and thermochromic systems, synthesis of novel coloring matters and dyeing of textiles, materials chemistry, nanochemistry and nanotechnology, polymers and plastics. A major achievement of Prof. Asiri is the discovery of tribochromic compounds, a class of compounds which change from slightly or colorless to deep colored when subjected to small pressure or when grind. This discovery was introduced to the scientific community as a new terminology published by IUPAC in 2000. This discovery was awarded a patent from European Patent office and from UK patent. He is also a member of the Editorial Board of various journals of international repute. He is the Vice- President of Saudi Chemical Society (Western Province Branch). He holds four USA patents, more than 800 Publications in international journals, seven book chapters, and ten books
Director of the Centre of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.