Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Green Roofs, Facades, and Vegetative Systems: Safety Aspects in the Standards analyzes codes, standards and official documents from countries around the world, including: the United States and Canada in North America, Germany, France and Italy in Europe, and Australia, Singapore, Japan and Thailand in Asia. This essential resource for building design professionals covers a full range of living technologies, such as vegetative systems, green architecture/urban design, construction efficiency, facades, fire protection, sustainability aspects in buildings, landscape design, tall buildings and wind design. The book provides an invaluable tool on international codes and standards and how to incorporate them into projects.
- Provides expert advice for complying with the international codes and standards governing the use of green living technology
- Covers codes and standards for façades, fire protection, landscape design and wind design
- Includes case studies and excepts from major international codes and standards
- Peer reviewed by some of the top experts and construction firms currently applying this technology around the world
Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Construction Managers, and Architects
- Introduction and field of investigation
3. Preliminary considerations on the document selection
4. The analyzed selected documents on green roofs and facades/walls
5. Summary table of all the analyzed documents
6. Comparative table of the standards on green living roofs
7. Classification of green living technologies
8. Final considerations regarding the analyzed safety topics
9. Missing topics and proposals for standard developments
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2021
- 27th November 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elena Giacomello, architect, PhD in Building technology. She is adjunct professor and research fellow at Iuav University of Venice. For the past 10 years she has been conducting research on the topics of green roofs, green walls and façades, vegetative technologies, and quality of urban living. During her PhD training in Germany she conducted laboratory tests on the water performance of green roofs through a rain chamber simulator, analysing the benefits for cities deriving from the application of green surfaces in terms of hydric detention and detention. In 2013 she won a research grant from the CTBUH-Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat to lead monitoring research of the Bosco Verticale façades in Milan. She participated at the working table of the review of the Italian standard for green roofs UNI 11235: Instructions for the design, execution, testing and maintenance of green roofs, 2015. In 2016-17 she conducted research – as member of the CTBUH Research Office – through the international standards and official documents inherent green roofs/façades/walls to highlight gaps in the topics of safety. The results are published in the book: “Safety Standards for Green Roofs, Green Façades/Walls, and Vegetative Systems: What’s Missing”.
Adjunct Professor, Iuav University of Venice
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.