@bul:* Only volume on Green Fluorescent Protein research
* Covers all aspects of GFP
* Provides specific microscopic and data analysis methods
* Discusses the design and construction of GFP fusion proteins
* Covers GFP expression in animals, insects, plants, and microbes
* Details procedures for time lapse imaging of living cells
* Explains how to implement single molecule fluorescence detection with GFP
* Discusses dual label GFP strategies for multicolor fluorescence
* Presents fluorescence resonance energy transfer methods with GFPs
* Details quantitative fluorescence imaging techniques
* Extensively illustrated with color photographs
Table of Contents
- F.G. Prendergast, Biophysics of Green Fluorescent Protein.
A.B. Cubitt, L.A. Woollenweber, and Roger Heim, Understanding Structure-Function Relationships in the Aequorea victoria Green Fluorescent Protein.
D.W. Piston, G.H. Patterson, and Susan M. Knobel, Quantitative Imaging of the GFP.
D. Pierce and R.D. Vale, Single-Molecule Fluorescence Detection of GFP and Application to Single-Protein Dynamics.
F. De Giorgi, Z. Ahmed, C. Bastianutto, M. Brini, L.S. Jouaville, R. Marsault, M. Murgia, P. Pinton, T. Pozzan, and R. Rizzuto, Targeting GFP to Organelles.
J.L. Carminati and T. Stearns, Cytoskeletal Dynamics in Yeast.
P. Ferrigno and P.A. Silver, Analysis of Nuclear Transport in Vivo. K.E. Sawin, GFP Fusion Proteins as Probes for Cytology in Fission Yeast.
J. Haseloff, GFP Variants for Multispectral Imaging of Living Cells.
S.A. Endow, GFP Fusions to a Microtubule Motor Protein to Visualize Meiotic and Mitotic Spindle Dynamics in Drosophila.
A. Brand, GFP as a Cell and Developmental Marker in the Drosophila Nervous System.
K.F. Sullivan and Richard D. Shelby, Using Time-Lapse Confocal Microscopy for Analysis of Centromere Dynamics in Human Cells.
A.S. Belmont, G. Li, G. Sudlow, and C. Robinett, Visualization of Large-Scale Chromatin Structure and Dynamics Using the lac Operator/lac Repressor Reporter System.
A. Young, R. Tuft, W. Carrington, and S. Doxsey, Centrosome Dynamics in Living Cells.
G.A. Dabiri, K.K. Turnacioglu, J.C. Ayoob, J.M. Sanger, and J.W. Sanger, Transfections of Primary Muscle Cell Cultures with Plasmids Coding for GFP Linked to Full-Length and Truncated Muscle Proteins.
J. Lippincott-Schwartz, J.F. Presley, K.J.M. Zaal, K. Hirschberg, C.D. Miller, and J. Ellenberg, Monitoring the Dynamics and Mobility of Membrane Proteins Tagged with GFP.
J.D. Plautz and S.A. Kay, Synchronous Real-Time Reporting of Multiple Cellular Events.
A. Periasamy and R.N. Daly, Visualizing Protein Interactions in Living Cells Using Digitized GFP Imaging and FRET Microscopy.
D.W. Galbraith, M.T. Anderson, and L.A. Herzenberg, Flow Cytometric Analysis and FACS Sorting of Cells Based on GFP Accumulation.
P.C. Goodwin, GFP Biofluorescence: Imaging Gene Expression and Protein Dynamics in Living Cells.
- No. of pages: 386
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1998
- Published: October 1, 1998
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080859569