Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Green Analytical Chemistry: The Role of Green Extraction Techniques
Sergio Armenta, Francesc A. Esteve-Turrillas, Salvador Garrigues and Miguel de la Guardia
2. Bioactives Obtained From Plants, Seaweeds, Microalgae and Food By-Products Using Pressurised Liquid Extraction and Supercritical Fluid Extraction
Andrea del Pilar Sánchez-Camargo, Elena Ibáñez, Alejandro Cifuentes and Miguel Herrero
3. Pressurised Hot Water Extraction of Bioactives
Merichel Plaza and Charlotta Turner
4. Pressurized Liquid Extraction of Organic Contaminants in Environmental and Food Samples
5. Ultrasound: A Clean, Green Extraction Technology for Bioactives and Contaminants
Ciara McDonnell and Brijesh K. Tiwari
6. Microwave-Assisted Extraction of Pesticides and Emerging Pollutants in the Environment
Maria Llompart, Maria Celeiro, Carmen Garcia-Jares and Thierry Dagnac
7. Ionic Liquid in Sample Preparation
Rafael Lucena and Soledad Cárdenas
8. Solvent Free Extraction
Farid Chemat, Anne Sylvie Fabiano-Tixier, Maryline Abert Vian, Tamara Allaf and Eugene Vorobiev
9. Headspace Techniques for Volatile Sampling
Ana C. Soria, María J. García-Sarrió, Ana I. Ruiz-Matute and María L. Sanz
10. Miniaturized Solid Phase Extraction
Justyna Płotka-Wasylka, Natalia Szczepańska, Katarzyna Owczarek and Jacek Namieśnik
11. Recent Advances and Developments in the QuEChERS Method
Bárbara Socas-Rodríguez, Javier González-Sálamo, Antonio V. Herrera-Herrera, Javier Hernández-Borges and Miguel Ángel Rodríguez-Delgado
12. Matrix Solid Phase Dispersion
13. Selecting an Appropriate Solvent Microextraction Mode for a Green Analytical Method
John M. Kokosa
14. Trends in OnLine InTube Solid Phase Microextraction
Pascual Serra-Mora, Yolanda Moliner-Martínez, Carmen Molins-Legua, Rosa Herráez-Hernández, Jorge Verdú -Andrés and Pilar Campíns-Falcó
15. Stir Bar Sorptive Extraction
José Manuel Florêncio Nogueira
16. Recent Advances in Solid-Phase Microextraction for Contaminant Analysis in Food Matrices
Érica A. Souza-Silva and Janusz Pawliszyn
17. Recent Advances in the Combination of Assisted Extraction Techniques
Jorge Moreda-Piñeiro and Antonio Moreda-Piñeiro
18. New Materials for Green Sample Preparation: Recent Advances and Future Trends
Meire Ribeiro da Silva, Bruno Henrique Fumes, Carlos Eduardo Domingues Nazario and Fernando Mauro Lancas
19. Green Sample-Preparation Techniques in Comprehensive Two-Dimensional Chromatography
Francesco Cacciola, Mariarosa Maimone, Paola Dugo and Luigi Mondello
Green Extraction Techniques: Principles, Advances and Applications, Volume 76, the first work to compile all the multiple green extraction techniques and applications currently available, provides the most recent analytical advances in the main green extraction techniques. This new release includes a variety of comprehensively presented topics, including chapters on Green Analytical Chemistry: The Role of Green Extraction Techniques, Bioactives Obtained From Plants, Seaweeds, Microalgae and Food By-Products Using Pressurized Liquid Extraction and Supercritical Fluid Extraction, Pressurized Hot Water Extraction of Bioactives, and Pressurized Liquid Extraction of Organic Contaminants in Environmental and Food Samples.
In this ongoing serial, in-depth, emerging green extraction approaches are discussed, together with their miniaturization and combination, showing the newest technologies that have been developed in the last few years for each case and providing a picture of the most innovative applications with further insights into future trends.
- Compiles all the multiple green extraction techniques currently available, along with their applications
- Includes the most recent analytical advances in the main green extraction techniques, along with their working principles
- Covers emerging green extraction approaches, their miniaturization and combination and an insight into future trends
Researchers and PhD students from control laboratories, universities, industries and regulation agencies linked to Analytical Chemistry, Medicine, Biosciences, Food, Nutrition, Natural Products, Phytochemistry, Environmental sciences, Toxicology, Forensics sciences and Pharmaceutical sciences
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2017
- 17th July 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Prof. Dr. Elena Ibañez is a Full Research Professor at the Institute of Food Science Research (CIAL) belonging to the CSIC in Madrid, Spain. She received her PhD in Analytical Chemistry at the UAM, Spain and carried out her postdoctoral training at Brigham Young University, USA and at the University of California at Davis, USA. Elena's main activity includes the study and development of new green extraction processes based on the use of compressed fluids to isolate bioactive compounds from natural sources such as food and agricultural by-products, plants and algae. She has received different national and international awards, co-authored more than 185 publications, 23 book chapters and 10 patents. She is the President of the Spanish Society of Compressed Fluids (Flucomp) . Her h index is 50 (February, 2016) and her works have received more than 8800 citations.
National Research Council of Spain (CSIC), Madrid, Spain
Alejandro Cifuentes is a Full Research Professor at the National Research Council of Spain (CSIC) in Madrid, Head of the Laboratory of Foodomics and Director of the Metabolomics Platform (International Excellence Campus CSIC + University Autonoma of Madrid). He has been Founding Director of the Institute of Food Science Research and Deputy Director of the Institute of Industrial Fermentations, both belonging to CSIC. Alejandro's activity includes advanced analytical methods development for Foodomics (including transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics), food quality and safety, as well as isolation and characterization of natural bioactive compounds and their effect on human health. He holds different national and international awards, is member of the Editorial Board of 17 international journals (including Journal of Chromatography A, Journal of Separation Science, Food Analytical Methods, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, Heliyon, Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis, etc.), Editor of TrAC-Trends in Analytical Chemistry and Electrophoresis, and Editor-in-Chief of Open Life Sciences. He has published more than 270 SCI papers, 30 books and book chapters and 9 patents. His h index is 70 (Google scholar, June 2020) and his works have received more than 17000 citations. Alejandro has given more than 200 invited lectures in different national and international meetings in Europe, Asia, Africa, America and Oceania. He has defined for the first time in a SCI journal the new discipline of Foodomics.
National Research Council of Spain (CSIC), Madrid, Spain
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.