Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Green chemistry and water remediation: bibliometric study and research applications
2. Defluoridation studies using graphene oxidebased nanoadsorbents
3. Batik became two sides of blade for the sustainable development in Indonesia
4. Biosorption of dyes
5. Removal of dyes and pigments from industrial effluents
6. Membrane processes for removal of polyaromatic hydrocarbons from wastewater
7. Hybrid application of advanced oxidation processes to dyes' removal
8. Wastewater Treatment Plants as emerging source of antibiotic resistance
9. Green chemistry and its applications in hospital wastewater and its treatment
10. Recent developments in sonochemical treatments of contaminated wastewaters
11. Modified titania, A green material for wastewater remediation
Green Chemistry and Water Remediation: Research and Applications explores how integrating the principles of green chemistry into remediation research and practice can have a great impact from multiple directions. This volume reviews both common sources of chemical pollution and how using green chemistry as the basis for new or improved remediation techniques can ensure that remediation itself is conducted in a sustainable way. By outlining the main types of chemical pollutants in water and sustainable ways to address them, the authors hope to help chemists identify key areas and encourage them to integrate green chemistry into the design of new processes and products.
In addition, the books highlights and encourages the use of the growing range of green remediation approaches available to experts, helping researchers, planners and managers make informed decisions in their selection of remediation techniques.
- Puts the naturally-aligned fields of green chemistry and environmental remediation in context, providing key background to both
- Highlights the use of both established and cutting-edge techniques for sustainable water remediation, including nanotechnology, biofiltration and phytoremediation
- Explores the potential impact sustainability goals in chemical waste production and water remediation
Chemists and chemical engineers working in green chemistry, sustainability, waste management and environmental risk assessment, Environmental chemists and scientists, Aquatic scientists, Researchers in bioremediation across both academia and industry, Environmental toxicologists, Chemical and environmental policy makers and regulators
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 22nd October 2020
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Sanjay K. Sharma is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (UK) and an internationally acclaimed author and editor of many books, research journals, and hundreds of articles from the last two decades. He has also been appointed as Series Editor by Springer, UK, for their prestigious book series SpringerBriefs in Green Chemistry for Sustainability, where he has been involved in the editing of 39 different titles of various international contributors so far. Presently, Professor Sharma is working as Professor of Chemistry & Associate Dean (Research), JECRC University, Jaipur, India, where he is engaged in teaching chemistry, environmental chemistry, and green chemistry to undergraduate and postgraduate students, pursuing his research interest in the domain area of green chemistry with special reference of water pollution, corrosion inhibition, and biopolymers. In addition, he takes care of the PhD program as well as research activities of the university. Dr. Sharma has 20 books on chemistry from international publishers, including Springer, Wiley, the Royal Society of Chemistry, etc., and over 100 research papers of national and international repute to his credit. He is also a member of the American Chemical Society (USA) and International Society for Environmental Information Sciences (ISEIS, Canada), and is also a life member of various international professional societies, including the International Society of Analytical Scientists, Indian Council of Chemists, International Congress of Chemistry and Environment, Indian Chemical Society, etc. He was conferred the Life Time Achievement Award by the Association of Chemistry Teachers, Mumbai, and SRM University, Chennai, in 2018 for his contribution to chemistry education and research. He is a resource person for various prestigious national and international organizations, consulting on green chemistry, water sustainability, manuscript writing, and scientific ethics.
Green Chemistry and Sustainability Research Group, Department of Chemistry, JECRC University, Jaipur, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.