Get the quick answers you need on every aspect of diagnostic radiology and apply them in your day-to-day practice. Grainger & Allison’s Diagnostic Radiology Essentials serves as a comprehensive review and reference for radiologists in training and in practice by providing practical solutions to diagnostic problems in the radiological recognition and interpretation of a wide range of disease entities. Organized by body region, its innovative, accessible outline format, bullet point style and numerous, high quality, multi-modality images make essential key facts about any given condition easy to find and retrieve. The content follows the same order and is derived from the renowned authoritative reference work Grainger & Allison’s Diagnostic Radiology.
"The authors deserve to be congratulated on their gargantuan efforts and I am sure this textbook will be well thumbed by future radiology trainees preparing for their examinations."
RAD Magazine, Nov 2013
- Find the answers you need quickly and easily using the synoptic, bullet point format and structure. Every section is organised consistently to include Definition, Clinical Findings, Radiological Findings and Pearls.
- Efficiently review the key radiological features of a broad spectrum of disease entities – all images are linked to the text on the facing page.
- Avoid potential pitfalls in diagnosis by referring to the diagnostic "Pearls" sections in each chapter.
- Differentiate a full range of normal and abnormal findings with more than 3,000 images, including plain film, CT, MRI, ultrasound and nuclear medicine imaging.
- Keep hard-to-remember information and details at your fingertips with an extensive Appendix section including many ‘quick reference’ items that are essential in day-to-day practice (e.g. TNM staging).
- Access the entire text and images online, fully searchable, at Expert Consult.
1.1 Chest wall and Pleura
Chest wall: bony and soft tissue lesions
Diseases of the pleura
Diaphragmatic hernia / eventration
Anterior mediastinal masses
Middle mediastinal masses
Posterior mediastinal masses
Miscellaneous mediastinal masses
1.3 Pulmonary infection
Bronchopneumonia, anaerobic and atypical pneumonia
Metazoal and protozoal diseases
Pulmonary complications of HIV infection
1.4 Large airway disease
Congenital airway disorders
Chronic bronchitis and asthma
Miscellaneous airway disorders
1.5 Pulmonary lobar collapse
Mechanisms and radiographic appearances
Patterns of lobar collapse
1.6 Pulmonary neoplasms
Evaluation of the solitary pulmonary nodule
Lung cancer: radiological features
Lung cancer: pearls
Benign pulmonary tumours
Miscellaneous pulmonary malignancies
1.7 High-resolution computed tomography (HRCT)
HRCT patterns of diffuse lung disease
Idiopathic interstitial pneumonias
Connective tissue diseases
Drug induced lung disease
Silicosis/coal worker’s pneumoconiosis
Miscellaneous interstitial lung diseases
1.8 Chest trauma
Chest wall and lung trauma
Trauma to the diaphragm
1.9 Airspace disease
1.10 Paediatric chest
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2013
- 30th May 2013
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
"The three volume textbook Grainger and Allison's Diagnostic Radiology has been a standard reference work for registrars training in the UK for thhe FRCR examinations for many years... A particular nice feature are the highlighted sections bullet points and the smmaries and tables. The chapter on tumor staging is particularly helpful. Although only in one volume, the text is very comprehensive and has more than enough material for today's trainee...The authors deserve to be congratulated on their gargantuan efforts and I am sure this textbook will be well thumbed by future radiology trainees preparing for their examinations."
RAD, Nov 2013