- Find the answers you need quickly and easily using the synoptic, bullet point format and structure. Every section is organised consistently to include Definition, Clinical Findings, Radiological Findings and Pearls.
- Efficiently review the key radiological features of a broad spectrum of disease entities – all images are linked to the text on the facing page.
- Avoid potential pitfalls in diagnosis by referring to the diagnostic "Pearls" sections in each chapter.
- Differentiate a full range of normal and abnormal findings with more than 3,000 images, including plain film, CT, MRI, ultrasound and nuclear medicine imaging.
- Keep hard-to-remember information and details at your fingertips with an extensive Appendix section including many ‘quick reference’ items that are essential in day-to-day practice (e.g. TNM staging).
- Access the entire text and images online, fully searchable, at Expert Consult.
1.1 Chest wall and Pleura
Chest wall: bony and soft tissue lesions
Diseases of the pleura
Diaphragmatic hernia / eventration
Anterior mediastinal masses
Middle mediastinal masses
Posterior mediastinal masses
Miscellaneous mediastinal masses
1.3 Pulmonary infection
Bronchopneumonia, anaerobic and atypical pneumonia
Metazoal and protozoal diseases
Pulmonary complications of HIV infection
1.4 Large airway disease
Congenital airway disorders
Chronic bronchitis and asthma
Miscellaneous airway disorders
1.5 Pulmonary lobar collapse
Mechanisms and radiographic appearances
Patterns of lobar collapse
1.6 Pulmonary neoplasms
Evaluation of the solitary pulmonary nodule
Lung cancer: radiological features
Lung cancer: pearls
Benign pulmonary tumours
Miscellaneous pulmonary malignancies
1.7 High-resolution computed tomography (HRCT)
HRCT patterns of diffuse lung disease
Idiopathic interstitial pneumonias
Connective tissue diseases
Drug induced lung disease
Silicosis/coal worker’s pneumoconiosis
Miscellaneous interstitial lung diseases
1.8 Chest trauma
Chest wall and lung trauma
Trauma to the diaphragm
1.9 Airspace disease
1.10 Paediatric chest