Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Lighting up the central dogma for predictive developmental biology
Hernan G. Garcia, Augusto Berrocal, Yang Joon Kim, Gabriella Martini and Jiaxi Zhao
2. Optogenetic approaches to investigate spatiotemporal signaling during development
Katherine W. Rogers and Patrick Müller
3. A matter of time: Formation and interpretation of the Bicoid morphogen gradient
Anqi Huang and Timothy E. Saunders
4. Constraints and limitations on the transcriptional response downstream of the Bicoid morphogen gradient
Huy Tran, Aleksandra M. Walczak and Nathalie Dostatni
5. Formation, interpretation, and regulation of the Drosophila Dorsal/NF-ΚB gradient
Allison E. Schloop, Prasad U. Bandodkar and Gregory T. Reeves
6. The design and logic of terminal patterning in Drosophila
Celia M. Smits and Stanislav Y. Shvartsman
7. Dynamic positional information: Patterning mechanism versus precision in gradient-driven systems
Johannes Jaeger and Berta Verd
8. Intracellular morphogens: Specifying patterns at the subcellular scale
Lars Hubatsch and Nathan W. Goehring
9. Insights into mammalian morphogen dynamics from embryonic stem cell systems
Elena Camacho-Aguilar and Aryeh Warmflash
10. Control of size, fate and time by the Hh morphogen in the eyes of flies
David G. Miguez, Diana Garcia-Morales and Fernando Casares
11. Genetic mechanisms controlling anterior expansion of the central nervous system
Behzad Yaghmaeian Salmani and Stefan Thor
12. Temporal dynamics in the formation and interpretation of Nodal and BMP morphogen gradients
Andrew D. Economou and Caroline S. Hill
13. Signaling regulation during gastrulation: Insights from mouse embryos and in vitro systems
Sophie M. Morgani and Anna-Katerina Hadjantonakis
14. Just passing through: The auxin gradient of the root meristem
Bruno Guillotin and Kenneth D. Birnbaum
15. Small RNAs as plant morphogens
Simon Klesen, Kristine Hill and Marja C.P. Timmermans
Gradients and Tissue Patterning, Volume 137 in the Current Topics in Developmental Biology series, highlights new advances in the field, with this new volume presenting interesting chapters on a variety of timely topics. Each chapter is written by an international board of authors.
- Provides the authority and expertise of leading contributors from an international board of authors
- Presents the latest release in the Current Topics in Developmental Biology series
- Includes the latest information on gradients and tissue patterning
Clinicians in the fields of endocrinology, rheumatology, orthopedics, pediatrics and dentistry; basic scientists in anatomy, cell and developmental biology; students and postdoctoral fellows who would like to enter these fields and make further discoveries as well as improve the treatment of major bone-related disorders
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 4th March 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Stephen J. Small is at Department of Biology, New York University, NY, USA
New York University, NY, USA
James Briscoe is at The Francis Crick Institute, London, UK
The Francis Crick Institute, London, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.