Ideal for students and as a review for practicing clinicians, Goldberger's Clinical Electrocardiography explains the fundamentals of ECG interpretation and analysis, helping facilitate an understanding of rhythm disorders and the relevant clinical outcomes. The authors take readers through the nuts and bolts of ECG, using Dr. Ary Goldberger’s award-winning teaching style to clarify complex concepts in an easy-to-read manner. You'll learn simple waveform analysis and beyond to present ECGs as they are used in hospital wards, outpatient clinics, emergency departments, and most especially intensive care units — where the recognition of normal and abnormal patterns is the starting point in patient care.
PART ONE: Basic Principles and Patterns
- Essential Concepts: What is an ECG?
- ECG Basics: Waves, Intervals, and Segments
- How to Make Basic Measurements
- ECG Leads
- The Normal ECG
- Electrical Axis and Axis Deviation
- Atrial and Ventricular Enlargement
- Ventricular Conduction Disturbances: Bundle Branch Blocks and Related Abnormalities
- Myocardial Infarction and Ischemia, Part I: ST Segment Elevation and Q Wave Syndromes
- Myocardial Infarction and Ischemia, Part II: Non-ST Segment Elevation and Non–Q Wave Syndromes
- Drug Effects, Electrolyte Abnormalities, and Metabolic Effects
- Pericardial, Myocardial, and Pulmonary Syndromes
13. Sinus and Escape Rhythms
14. Supraventricular Arrhythmias, Part I: Premature Beats and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardias (PSVTs)
15. Supraventricular Arrhythmias, Part II: Atrial Flutter and Atrial Fibrillation
16. Ventricular Arrhythmias
17. AV Conduction Abnormalities, Part I: Delays, Blocks, and Dissociation Syndromes
18. AV Conduction Abnormalities, Part II: Preexcitation (Wolff-Parkinson-White) Patterns and Syndromes
PART THREE: Special Topics and Reviews
19. Bradycardias and Tachycardias: Review and Differential Diagnosis
20. Digitalis Toxicity
21. Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Sudden Cardiac Death
22. Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators: Essentials for Clinicians
23. Interpreting ECGs: An Integrative Approach
24. Limitations and Uses of the ECG
25. ECG Differential Diagnoses: Instant Replays
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2017
- 31st July 2017
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN:
Ary L. Goldberger, MD, FACC, is Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Director of the Margret and HA Rey Institute for Nonlinear Dynamics in Physiology and Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Director, Margret and HA Rey Institute for Nonlinear Dynamics in Physiology and Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Zachary D. Goldberger, MD, FACC, FHRS, is Associate Professor of Medicine in the School of Medicine and Public Health’s Division of Cardiovascular Medicine and Electrophysiology at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin.
Associate Professor of Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine/Electrophysiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
Alexei Shvilkin, MD, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Director, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.