- The first book to systematically study the Chinese retail industry and is written by someone who is from the inside of Chinese retailing and who understands western retailing well
- Includes many case studies of multinational retailer operations in China and valuable suggestions for success in China
- Wal-Mart's business model, internationalization and operations in emerging market, particularly in China
Table of Contents
- Part 1 The global retail industry: New trends in the global retail industry; The characteristics of successful retailer models; Case study: the Internationalization of Wal-Mart. Part 2 The revolution of Chinese retailing: The history of Chinese retailing; The opening-up of Chinese retailing; The real face of Chinese retailing; Chinese consumer revolution. Part 3 Competing Chinese retailing: Entering the world’s largest emerging market; The success and failure of global retailers in China; Chinese retailers’ behaviour; Competition between foreign and Chinese retailers in China. Part 4 WTO and Chinese retailing: WTO: a great opportunity to fail or succeed? Conclusions.
- No. of pages: 300
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2007
- Published: February 28, 2007
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781780632292
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Globalization and the Chinese Retailing Revolution"