Abuse, elder, Alcoholism, Amyloidosis, Amytrophic lateral sclerosis, Anemia, iron deficiency, Anemia, pernicious,
Aneurysm, abdominal aorta, Angina pectoris, Anxiety (generalized anxiety disorder), Aortic dissection,
Aortic regurgitation, Aortic stenosis, Arthritis, rheumatoid, Aseptic necrosis, Asthma, Atrial fibrillation, Barrett's esophagus, Basal cell carcinoma, Bell's palsy, Benign prostatic hyperplasia, Bladder cancer, Breast cancer,
Bursitis, Bursitis, anserine, Carpal tunnel syndrome, Cataracts, Cellulitis, Cholelithiasis, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Cirrhosis, Colorectal cancer, Conjunctivitis, Constipation, Delirium, Dementia, Depressive disorder, major, Diabetes mellitus, Diverticular disease, Dupuytren's contracture, Dysphagia, Dystonia, Endometrial cancer, Erectile dysfunction, Esophageal tumors, Essential tremor, Failure to thrive, Falls, Femoral neck fracture, Fibromyalgia, Gastric cancer, Gastroesophageal reflux disease, Giant cell arteritis, Glaucoma, chronic open-angle, Glaucoma, primary closed-angle, Gout, Guillain-Barré syndrome, Heat exhaustion and heat stroke, Heart failure, congestive, Heart failure, diastolic, Hematuria, Hemorrhoids, Herpes zoster, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypersmolar coma, Hyperparathyroidism, Hypertension,
Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism, Incontinence, fecal, Incontinence, urinary, Influenza, Insomnia, Irritable bowel syndrome, Laryngeal carcinoma, Leukemia, chronic lymphocytic, Lichen sclerosus, Lumbar disc syndromes, Lung neoplasms, primary, Lymphoma, non-Hodgkin's, Macular degeneration, Meniere's disease, Menopause, Mitral regurgitation, Mitral stenosis, Mitral valve prolapse, Multiple myeloma, Myelodysplastic syndromes, Myocardial infarction, Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, Obesity, Onychomycosis, Osteoarthritis, Osteomyelitis, Osteoporosis, Ovarian cancer, Paget's disease of the bone, Pancreatic cancer (exocrine), Parkinson's disease,
Based on the popular format of Ferri's CLINICAL ADVISOR, this text provides a comprehensive, quick reference for the examination and care of geriatric patients. Five separate sections - covering everything from diseases and disorders to prevention guidelines - focus on the special considerations presented by this growing segment of the patient population. Three appendices provide critical, at-your-fingertip information for evaluating and managing the geriatric patient.
- Includes online content that is fully searchable with links to relevant drug resources and journals.
- Provides essential and practical targeted information on addressing the unique needs of the older patient population.
- Offers five separate sections that cover Diseases and Disorders · Differential Diagnosis · Clinical Algorithms · Laboratory Evaluation · and Prevention Guidelines.
- Includes Assessment Tools which provide key information about assessing and helping maintain healthy function and quality of life.
- Highlights "must-know" information about the many geriatric care systems and settings for a clinician when making decisions about a patient's best care and educating their patients and family.
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2007
- 10th October 2006
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Community Health and Medicine, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI; President, Rhode Island Medical Directors Association