Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part I Geotextile development and manufacture
1. Early background and history of geotextiles
2. Geotextile resins and additives
3. Geotextile manufacturing processes
4. Geotextiles made from natural fibers
Part II Properties, behavior and testing
5. Geotextile/Geosynthetic Testing Standards Development Organizations (SDOs)
6. Physical properties, behavior and testing of geotextiles
7. Mechanical properties, behavior and testing of geotextiles
8. Hydraulic properties, behavior and testing of geotextiles
9. Durability and endurance properties, behavior and testing of geotextiles
10. Long-term geotextile degradation mechanisms and exposed lifetime predictions
Part III Primary functions of geotextiles
11. Geotextiles used in separation
12. Geotextiles used in filtration
13. Geotextiles used in drainage
14. Geotextiles used in reinforcing paved and unpaved roads and railroads
15. Geotextiles used in reinforcing walls, berms and slopes
16. Geotextiles used in reinforcing embankment and foundations
17. Geotextiles used for cushioning
18. Geotextiles with combined or multiple functions
Part IV Specific applications of geotextiles
19. Geotextiles in waste containment
20. Geotextiles in marine engineering
21. Geotextile tubes for dewatering and decontamination of fine-grained soils
22. Geotextiles in commercial development
23. Geotextiles in agriculture and aquaculture
24. Geotextiles in erosion and sediment control
Part V Common Attributes of Geotextiles
25. Quality control and quality assurance for geotextiles
26. Sustainability aspects of using geotextiles
Geotextiles: From Design to Applications presents valuable information on the high performance fabrics used in soil separation, drainage, filtration, reinforcement, and cushioning. These polymeric materials offer solutions for geoengineering and other civil engineering specialties due to their advanced physical, mechanical, hydraulic, and endurance properties.
This important book offers comprehensive coverage of the manufacture, functions, properties, designs, and applications of geotextiles. Part One begins with a chapter on the history of geotextiles, followed by chapters giving detailed reviews of the types of fabrics and their manufacturing processes, from resin type, to fiber extrusion, to textile fabrication. Part Two covers the properties, behavior, and testing of geotextiles, with Part Three focusing on applications dealing with the specific primary functions of geotextiles. In Part Four, chapters offer numerous general applications of geotextiles, including those in waste containment, marine engineering, walls/slopes, agriculture, and erosion control. Finally, the chapters of Part Five address quality control and assurance for geotextiles, and the increasingly important topic of sustainability.
- Reviews the types of fabrics used for geotextiles and their manufacturing processes
- Covers the properties, behavior, and testing of geotextiles
- Contains detailed discussions of the primary functions of geotextiles and their wide range of applications
R&D managers in the textile and geotextile industries; academic researchers developing geotextile materials; geo- and civil engineers.
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2016
- 2nd March 2016
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"This important book offers comprehensive coverage of the manufacture, functions, properties, designs and applications of geotextiles." --Asian Textile Journal
Dr Robert Koerner is a Professor Emeritus at Drexel University, and founded both the Geosynthetic Research Institute (GRI) and the Geosynthetic Institute (GSI). He served as director until recently when his son George rose to that position. Bob has forty years’ experience in the field of geotextiles, and has authored and co-authored over two hundred journal papers and book chapters on the topic.
Professor Emeritus, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA and Director Emeritus, Geosynthetic Institute, Folsom, Pennsylvania, USA