Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Ground Improvement Techniques
2. Soil Compaction
3. Soil Stabilization
4. Drainage and Dewatering
6. Stone Columns
7. Soil Reinforcement
8. Miscellaneous Methods
Geotechnical Field Studies
9. Geotechnical Investigation
10. Forensic Geotechnical Engineering
11. Some Geotechnical Applications
Geotechnical Investigation and Improvement of Ground Conditions covers practical information on ground improvement and site investigation, considering rock properties and engineering geology and its relation to construction. The book covers geotechnical investigation for construction projects, including classic case studies with geotechnical significance. Additional sections cover soil compaction, soil stabilization, drainage and dewatering, grouting methods, the stone column method, geotextiles, fabrics and earth reinforcement, miscellaneous methods and tools for ground improvement, geotechnical investigation for construction projects, and forensic geotechnical engineering. Final sections present a series of site-specific case studies.
- Dedicated to ground improvement techniques and geotechnical site investigation
- Provides practical guidance on site-specific geotechnical investigation and the subsequent interpretation of data
- Presents site-specific case studies with geotechnical significance
- Includes site investigation of soils and rocks
- Gives field-oriented information and guidance
Civil engineers and professionals working in construction and mining; postgraduate students in civil engineering; consultants, researchers, builders, and architects involved with construction and mining
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 31st January 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Anjan Patel is Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering at Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur, India. He has considerable experience - both theoretical and practical - in teaching and in industry, consulting on geotechnical matters, and teaching ground improvement and geotechnical investigation for construction. He has published widely in the field.
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, India