Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Chapters: 1. Preliminaries. Supplement: Preliminaries.
2. Convex Bodies and Lattice Points. Supplement: Fundamental Theorems. Lattice Polytopes. Large Convex Bodies. Reduction Theory. Tiling.
3. The Critical Determinant, The Covering Constant and the Inhomogeneous Determinant of a Set. Supplement: Suprema and Infima over Lattices. Packing. Covering.
4. Star Bodies. Supplement: Boundary Lattice Points.
5. Some Methods. Note.
6. Homogeneous Forms. Supplement: Packing of Balls. Extreme Forms. Zeta-Functions. Homogeneous Minima.
7. Inhomogeneous Forms. Supplement: Covering with Balls. Product of Inhomogeneous Linear Forms. Inhomogeneous Forms. Geometry of Numbers in Other Spaces.
This volume contains a fairly complete picture of the geometry of numbers, including relations to other branches of mathematics such as analytic number theory, diophantine approximation, coding and numerical analysis. It deals with convex or non-convex bodies and lattices in euclidean space, etc.
This second edition was prepared jointly by P.M. Gruber and the author of the first edition. The authors have retained the existing text (with minor corrections) while adding to each chapter supplementary sections on the more recent developments. While this method may have drawbacks, it has the definite advantage of showing clearly where recent progress has taken place and in what areas interesting results may be expected in the future.
- No. of pages:
- © North Holland 1987
- 1st May 1987
- North Holland
- eBook ISBN:
@qu:This new edition is an important contribution to the literature on the geometry of numbers, and deserves a place in every tertiary library. @source:The Australian Mathematics Teacher @qu:This excellent book can be used as a reference book as well as an advanced introduction to geometry of numbers. @source:Zentralblatt für Mathematik
TU Vienna, Austria
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.