Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Preface/ Introduction
2. Models for genomic education and training
3. Genetic and genomic education/ training in developing countries
4. Skills, competencies and learning objectives of integrated genomic education
5. Genomic education and training for clinical laboratory scientists
6. Genomic education and training priorities for Nursing and Allied professionals
7. Equity ad Ethical standards for genomic education and training
8. Global perspectives of genomic education and training
9. Regulation (accreditation) and Certification for genomic education- critical review and appraisal of different systems across the world
10. Resources for further / continued genomic education and training
Genomic Medicine Skills and Competencies discusses core and practical aspects of genetic and genomic education and training in the medical field. Many aspects of genomic applications in science, biotechnology, clinical medicine and healthcare require core and specialist knowledge, skills development and competencies for carrying out diverse tasks. The book focuses on all major aspects of genetic and genomic education training that are currently offered and evaluated and is a valuable resource for researchers, clinicians, physicians, nurses, genetic counselors, bioinformatics technicians, and other professionals.
- Illustrates the need for acquiring and/or enhancing skills and competencies that keep up with the new advances and expanding scientific and technical knowledge in genome sciences as applied to the practice of clinical genomic and precision medicine
- Focuses on the professional and specific needs of medical and healthcare professionals practicing (or planning to practice) genomic medicine and health genomics
- Discusses the impact of effective genomic education and training for delivering advances and new knowledge in the field of genome sciences and technologies that have spanned as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in preparedness to what is next
Clinicians, healthcare professionals, practitioners
- © Academic Press 2022
- 1st January 2022
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor Kumar is a globally acknowledged genetic and genomic clinician. His special interests include genetic diseases of children, inherited conditions of heart and blood vessels, genomic medicine and genomic applications in global healthcare. He is passionate for raising awareness and promoting importance of inherited cardiovascular conditions (ICC) in clinical cardiology and genetic/genomic in modern medicine. He founded and leads the ‘Global Familial Heart Challenge’ project for promotion, early detection, management and prevention of familial/ inherited heart diseases globally. Professor Kumar established and led as the Course Director of Post Graduate Certificate and Diploma course in Genomic Medicine and Healthcare of the University of South Wales. He founded and leads the Indo-UK Genetic Education Forum and the UK India Genomic Medicine Alliance (UKIGMA). He is actively engaged in global genomic medicine initiatives through the Global Consortium for Genomic Education (GC4GE), Global Genomic Medicine Collaborative (G2MC) and Genomic Alliance for Global Health (GA4GH).
Honorary Clinical Professor, William Harvey Research Institute, Bart’s and the London School of Medicine & Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.